Methods in Stream Ecology Paperback – 21 May 1998
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A comprehensive text that includes sections on physical processes, material storage and transport stream biota, community interactions, and ecosystem processes...An excellent resource." -NORTHEASTERN NATURALIST "can be used effectively both as a textbook and as a laboratory manual. The strength of the book is in the attention paid to experimental design in almost every chapter... chapters provide clear, detailed instructions for anyone starting research... The book will become a classic." -JOURNAL OF THE NORTH AMERICAN BENTHOLOGICAL SOCIETY, 1997 "Congratulations to the editors and contributing authors of Methods in Stream Ecology! Finally, a comprehensive reading and reference for those from casually interested to intimately involved in researching or studying stream ecology... [an] impressive list of expert contributors and interdisciplinary topics...The book is a success! It is a must for students, teachers, researchers, and resource managers working in stream ecology or related disciplines. Readers will find it very user-friendly and invaluable." -ECOLOGY, 1997 "As a course text this book shines... a showcase of techniques and a good starting point for ecosystems. It is a finely edited comprehensive treatment of stream ecology. It is a unique book that would serve as an excellent model for texts in other disciplines." -TRENDS IN ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION, 1997 "attractively produced... occupies a new niche in the limnological literature... a stimulant and catalyst for research and innovative practical teaching." -FRESHWATER BIOLOGY, 1997 "There is a lot of very dense information in this volume... Any stream enthusiast... will find something of interest in the 674 pages." -BIOLOGICAL JOURNAL OF THE LINNAEAN SOCIETY.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Fish
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Rivers & Lakes
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Hydraulic Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Hydraulics
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology > Animal Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Plant Sciences