- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
The Metamorphosis [Edward Watson, Laura Day, Nina Goldman, Neil Reynolds] [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£29.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
It's unique and absurd... timeless and universal.' So choreographer and director Arthur Pita describes Kafka's powerful novella The Metamorphosis, which has inspired the award-winning production for The Royal Ballet. Principal dancer Edward Watson won critical acclaim for his 'repellently brilliant' (The Independent) portrayal of Gregor Samsa's transformation into an insect, while the supporting cast vividly convey the conflicting reactions of Gregor's family. Frank Moon's dramatic score - performed live by the composer himself - and Simon Daw's austere designs complement this disturbing and compelling reinterpretation of Kafka's masterpiece. Filmed in High Definition and recorded in true Surround Sound.
"It is the remarkable quality of Edward Watson as a dancer that he can convey, with subtlest yet most penetrating effects, the inner life of those characters whom he portrays on stage. I have been fortunate to see every great male dancer of my time: such stars of the Ballets Russes as Massine, Lifar and Dolin, and leading danseurs of the companies in St Petersburg and Moscow and of western ballet during the past half century. None, with the exception of Nicolas Le Riche, has rivalled Watson in the ability to strip character of its externals and find the real man beneath the emotional subterfuges and the caparisons of social manners. " (The Financial Times)
"... the evening belongs to Watson, confirming in this unique performance that when people search for the best British-born dancer working today, they can see him here. " (The Daily Telegraph)
CastEdward Watson (Gregor Samsa)Laura Day (Greta Samsa)Nina Goldman (Mrs Samsa)Neil Reynolds (Mr Samsa)Bettina Carpi (Maid/ Coffee Lady/ Dream Figure/ Bearded Man)Amir Giles (Train Conductor/ Dream Figure/ Bearded Man)Greig Cooke (Clerk/ Dream Figure/ Bearded Man)
; Frank MoonStage Director: Arthur PitaTelevision Director: Ross MacgibbonChoreographer: Arthur Pita
Catalogue Number: OABD7137DDate of Performance: 2013Running Time: 90 minutesSound: 16 bit LPCM 2.0 + 5.1 DTS / 24 bit LPCM / 5.1 DTS Master Audio HDAspect Ratio: 16:9Label: Opus Arte
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is grotesque, unique, repellently brilliant original dance theater from Britain's Royal Ballet, based on Kafka's novella. With a faultless cast and starring the Royal Ballet's incomparable Edward Watson as a very ordinary man transformed before our eyes into an extraordinary insect. For his outstanding performance in The Metamorphosis, Watson received the coveted Olivier Award. Bizarre but brilliant.