- Paperback: 458 pages
- Publisher: Woodhead Publishing; 6 edition (25 May 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1855734281
- ISBN-13: 978-1855734289
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 2.1 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,705,809 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1333 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Materials Science
- #1455 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- #2502 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- See Complete Table of Contents
Metallurgy of Welding: 1 (Woodhead Publishing Series in Welding and Other Joining Technologies) Paperback – 25 May 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
A new edition of a well established and respected textbook from an author who is a recognised authority in this field. Joining techniques are one of the key technologies in materials engineering and this book provides comprehensive coverage of the cubject. It is intended for undergraduate and graduate students of metallurgy, as well as those attending specialist welding courses.
It is also a valuable source of reference for practising engineers and metallurgists concerned with joining processes.
The text covers the metallurgical changes that take place during the welding process, the properties of welded joints, defects associated with welding and the behaviour of welded joints in service. There is a chapter devoted to joints between metals and ceramics, and on the use of structural adhesives. The various techniques used in microwelding and the joining of solid-state devices to printed circuit boards are briefly described.
In addition to revising and updating the text throughout the author has made some specific alterations and additions to the book...
Brittle and ductile behaviour of solids, ductile francture, and the velocity
of crack propogation are now included in the section on Fracture
Friction stir welding in now included
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies