Metabolic Engineering: Principles and Methodologies Hardcover – 17 Oct 1998
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Gregory Stephanopoulos is a Professor of Chemical Engineering at MIT. He received his B.S. from the National Technical University of Athens, his M.S. from the University of Florida and his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, all in Chemical Engineering. Upon graduation, he joined the Chemical Engineering Faculty of the California Institute of Technology, where he served as Assistant and Associate Professor until 1985. In 1985 he was appointed Professor of Chemical Engineering at MIT where he has been ever since.Stephanopoulos' work has appeared in more than 150 publications and 7 patents. He has been recognized with the Dreyfus Foundation Teacher Scholar Award (1982), Excellence in Teaching Award (1984), and Technical Achievement Award of the AIChE (1984). He has been a Presidential Young Investigator and the Chairman of the Food Pharmaceutical & Bioengineering Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (1992). In 1992 he was a Visiting Professor at the International Research Center for Biotechnology at Osaka University and was elected a Founding Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. In 1996 he chaired the first Conference on Metabolic Engineering and gave the inaugural Bayer Lecture on Biochemical Engineering at the University of California at Berkeley. He was honored with the FPBE Division Award at AIChE in 1997.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Note: the book is meatn to be undestood and it is nice to see MCA depleted of the hoopla many authors insist on surrounding it with.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Biomedical Engineering
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Pathology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biological Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science