Mesoamerica's Ancient Cities: Aerial Views of Pre-Columbian Ruins in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize and Honduras Paperback – 30 Dec 2001
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"An armchair travelogue through Mesoamerican prehistory."
"The photo selections of architecture and site plans give a superb cross-section of each ruin. . . . almost as good as being there."
"This extremely accessible study will be of great interest to the student of Mesoamerica and the general reader interested in uncovering the past."
From the Inside Flap
A thoroughly revised edition of the classic photographic portrayal of the major pre-Columbian ruins of Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- Lot's of color photographs showing not just architecture, but art as well.
- Many different sites presented.
- Enough text (about 10-15%), but not too much.
- Thoroughness is sacrificed in favor of including more sites - I would prefer more pictures of each site.
- Pictures quality is only fair to good. I was very disappointed that colors are washed out (low color saturation) even though the book is printed on heavy matte stock.
- A majority of the pictures are not aerial, though that doesn't detract much for me.
- Only recent photos - would have liked to have seen early photos of sites prior to excavation.
- Some pictures are mislabeled.
Overall, worth checking out of the library or buying used, but probably not worth purchasing new.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Aztec, Inca & Mayan
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Period > Prehistoric
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Region
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early British & Roman Britain
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Central America & Caribbean > Central America
- Books > History > Europe > Pre-500
- Books > History > North America > Mexico
- Books > History > North America > Native Americans
- Books > History > World History > Pre-500
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology