Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Size: 14 UK|Colour: Grey (Walnut)|Change

on 24 February 2017
I have been happily using Merrell foot-ware for many years. These boots a very comfortable over long walks, and support your ankles well. They are Gortex Lined so will keep your feet dry in the rain, but don't try wading through ankle deep water!
N.B.:- "Merrell" is an American Brand so I always find that I have to order Merrell products about one size larger than I would for products from Europe, e.g.: I wear Merrell foot-ware in UK size 8 (USA size-9), but I wear all my other foot-ware in UK size7 (USA size 8).
on 31 May 2017
having big feet i found it hard to find boots that fitted and were comfy so was drawn to these as they do big sizes and the reviews were good.
tried them today fresh from the box on a 10 km walk in the dales over crushed rock paths,tree roots wet rocks and sharp stone and they were great.
no blisters or achy feet,feel very light and comfy and done a good job of stopping my feet sliding forwards down hill.
walked ankle deep in a fast flowing river to test the goretex and no water got in.
only thing i will do is replace the insole as all i wear are trainers normally and want the boots to feel a bit more more cushioned.
(update) ordered some timerland Anti-Fatigue Technology Insoles and stuck them in and now it's like walking on air :-)
on 19 March 2017
Had these around 18 months and they are still going strong despite being used for some difficult treks. Worn straight off with no blisters or hotspots without the use of hiking socks. I never had a blister in two weeks of hiking in the Atlas mountains and have not had a more comfortable set of footwear. They are also fairly light and while I wouldnt wear them to trek snowy terrain (due to them being quite light) they are extremely quick drying whenever they get wet. Lace loops and buckles are still going strong, as are the laces, sole and indeed the rest of the boot.
on 21 May 2017
I bought these boots 6 months ago to break them in before I undertook the Coast to Coast walk. I finished it yesterday so now I am able to review them.

The boots are very comfortable and a very good fit. I did not suffer from blisters and the grip was excellent.

But. On the first day I wore them in wet weather my feet got soaking wet. So much so that I had to wring out my socks to continue. I've had to check out the description to see that I didn't imagine they are gore-tex lined. It seemed too good to be true at the price. It was.

Great walking boots, so long as it is dry.
on 21 May 2016
I've bought Merrell Walking Shoes as everyday trainers for years, because of their quality and comfort.
This pair are waterproof, which is an added bonus.
One of the lace eyelets snapped off quite soon after purchase but are still usable. This is the first pair which have ever broken.
on 7 September 2014
Following my review of September last year my boots were returned to Merrell who agreed to replace them. Here we are 11 months later and the replacements are leaking because the seams are coming apart. Merrell really do have serious problems with these boots buy at your peril. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn but really not fit for purpose.
on 20 March 2017
After 4 months light wear , the sole has started to delaminate , happened to my previous pair as well , will not be buying Merrill again expensive and poor quality.
review image
on 28 March 2017
Usually 81/2 is slightly on larger side. but this one looks quite small for 81/2. sometime, I feel it is slightly tight.

pros
quite sturdy, relatively light. I used on windy and low temperature (-1) it is quite warm. This is the first shoe I ever used which is quite warm on peak winter. I exposed to rain only few minutes and seems like it can handle pretty well.
foot grip is good. Colour and appearance is quite pleasant.

cons
smaller than the actual size
because of rain and weather protection, the holes for shoes laces were at slight angle. I can understand the reason behind this. but this makes laces slight difficult to use. I have to put more effort to put and undo the laces
on 25 February 2014
I have 6 pairs or Merrells, all Goretex, all bought a size bigger than I would normally wear as most people will tell you, so why do we see complaints about the boot being small when all the feedback I've read inform you to buy a size bigger, well these are no disappointment from any other Merrell I have, stylish and light, well made and I'm looking forward to a long time wearing them, I have the same Merrell Moab in the shoe version, had it for 2yrs now and they have worn well, and 2yrs usage is good for a shoe that offers fantastic grip.
on 26 September 2016
I am generally a size 10.5/11 dependant on the make of the show/boot/trainer. I bought a size 11 in these due to the previous reviews about being slightly snug.
I have just completed the 3 peaks challenge in these boots and that was without wearing them in and I found them to be very comfortable. Not a single blister. I wore 2 pairs of socks, 1 pair a thick walking sock, and found the fit to be just fine. No pinching. I was very impressed by how comfortable they actually felt. Nice bit of flexibility, so it does not feel like you are wearing a pair of concrete boots, but still provides plenty of stability going over loose rocky ground.
The weather we had when completing the walk was good so I cannot really comment as to how good they are in wet conditions as yet. (that's why it's 4 stars and not the full 5)