on 18 January 2014
A very comfortable shoe for everyday use indeed. I've been wearing the Merrell Trail Gloves for casual wear as well as running for the last five years or so and they have lasted extremely well but are now getting a little frayed and tatty. Purchased these to replace them in day to day wear and I'm very pleased. The fit is similar with ample room for my toes and a generally snug but breathable fit.

They have been worn with and without socks and are very comfortable either way, got drenched last week cycling to work but no areas rubbed and were dry by the time I left for home. Unlike the trail glove these shoes have an elasticated heal which is perfect for slipping them on and off without relying the laces; I have yet to experience them slipping off at all and they don't move off when worn

6 month update: still in very good condition, been muddied, washed and worn in all Scottish terrain but still the soles show no sign of debonding, the material shows little more than the expected inside scuffing and they are as comfortable as ever.

Would definitely buy these again (although my last merrell shoes lasted 5 years so unlikely to be soon!)
on 1 October 2014
I am a standard size 8 but my experiance with Merrell is that they come up small so I ordered a size 9 and it fits perfectly. If you have not worn barefoot shoes before take things easy and slowly increase wear time as your mussels need to get used to walking or running barefoot, in my case only walking. This is a very comfortable shoe with the right amount of padding for walking all day, some barefoot runners might not like the amount cushioning in the footbed. I have a wide foot and they are wide enough to allow natural foot spread no cramping or pinching.
on 4 June 2013
Lightweight, extremely comfortable and they look great. My 1st pair of Merrells but it won't be the last. I just wish I'd bought some years ago!
on 4 June 2014
The feel of this shoe is different to other Merrell Barefoot shoes I've owned in that the sole is considerably more robust and the ground feel isn't as good. Whether this is because it's not really a sports shoe, I don't know, but it has a very "urban" feel to it - which is OK, because that's the type of use I bought them for. However, if you're looking for a really minimal feel, like the Trail Glove, etc., you'll find this shoe disappointing.
on 29 August 2014
I'm usually a size 9 (UK), unless I'm getting some close fitting (generally smart) shoes, but for both pairs of my barefoot style Merrells I have size 8.5 and there's still plenty of room for my feet to stretch out/expand.
These are great casual footwear and very comfortable for barefoot shoes. As else commented, they have a slightly thicker heel than the more minimalist running shoes but these are still very light and thin.
Recommended if you're looking to 're-train' your feet...:-)
on 2 April 2013
My husband loves these trainers, he is a size 11 but they make his feet look smaller. He says they are very comfortable.
on 17 May 2015
I love these! You can wear these all day or for long walks straight out of the box, no breaking in required. They are so comfortable. I need a slightly bigger size than in other shoes but I have never had such comfortable footwear. They are durable for a lightweight shoe and you can really get your use out of them and run them into the ground. Even when you've walked the sole through they don't fall to pieces.
on 13 January 2014
As a past Merrell's user I needed a pair of walking shoes/trainers not for trekking for street use and bought these. Like all Merrell's sizes are on the small size. The bare foot feel takes a while to get use to but after that it feels so natural and less taxing than conventional sole layouts.
Yes they are pricey but what you get is quality, performance and most of all comfort.
on 21 May 2015
Love the trainer. I am typically a size '10' in shoe but found the Merrell to fit more like a sock. Tried size '9' and was comfortable but just a little tight around the big toe so in the end opted for size '9.5'. Was very happy that Merrell offer half sizes. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a light and comfortable trainer.
on 26 February 2016
I have worn barefoot shoes for a couple of years now and this pair take the prize. From the first ‘try-on’, they just felt perfect and I have just been coaching football on a dust bowl in Kathmandu for a week - they have been comfortable and so robust. Brilliant.