Customer reviews

Size: 8.5 UK|Colour: Brown (Bracken)|Change

on 2 May 2017
I've always loved Merrell's shoes for hiking and tramping. I've got a three year-old pair that have been over mountains, volcanoes, beaches and forests, and they've been brilliant. So when I was looking for some trainers for the city, I thought these would be a safe bet.

Wrong. These are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn. They've been discarded to the back of the wardrobe after three weeks. "Uncomfortable" doesn't quite cover it; these instruments of torture are painful to use. Left foot is fine, but ever since I first put them on, they have crushed the base of my right big toe with every step. This has got no better, and if anything is getting worse. My foot still hurts now, five days since I last wore these hateful creations. I've never had this problem with any shoes, and I'm wearing the size I've always worn for Merrell with no previous dramas. They make me want to drop a grand piano on my foot for some blessed relief.

In short, these weapons of foot destruction are a good purchase only if:
a) you've always wondered what gout feels like, or
b) they're a present for somebody who has wronged you in a particularly heinous way.

Otherwise, avoid. I'm giving them one star begrudgingly, as there doesn't seem to be a "zero stars" option.
on 19 March 2016
Look nice but very narrow. Until now I've always been able to just order any size 10 shoe and know they would always fit. These don't and had to be sent back. Very narrow shoe and to get them on my feet I had to slacken the laces so much I couldn't tie a bow in them.
on 10 June 2014
I'm a uk 9, but I ordered a 9.5 based on the reviews on here saying that you should order a size bigger, the shoes are slightly too big and I now wish I had ordered my actual size.
I can't be bothered with returning them though and am completely happy with the shoe in general, I just tie them a little tighter and make it work ;D
on 7 November 2015
I've purchased my size but I had to send it back and purchase smaller ones. Pity that nowadays size is not equal to "size" so it's always a bit of risk buying something online. I'm giving 4 stars because I really like these shoes. You just need to be careful when choosing correct size.
on 2 July 2017
I normally get on well with Merrells, but found these really uncomfortable, even though I ordered a half size up from my normal size. I think these probably suit a narrow foot.
on 6 June 2017
Very happy with the purchase. I have owned a pair of these previously which I bought in more normal size (11) and, as others have said, found these to be a bit tight in length and width across the arch. So this time I ordered half a size bigger and it has made all the difference. Now a perfect fit, comfortable out of the box and nice looking too.

Will purchase more.
on 16 June 2015
I normally take size 41 but ordered size 41.5 and they are too tight at my little toes and the laces are too short
review image
on 27 April 2017
Narrow width for my feet. Returning as I need a wider shoe. I suspect they might widen with wear but the design is such that seams of rubber parts meet at exactly the point on the outer edge that squeezes the side of my foot near the toes so I I think that would be a long term problem.
on 26 March 2017
I like these shoes and have been wearing them for some months. The rubber rand does come away where the shoe flexes and this is a bit annoying but they are not getting any worse. I would probably buy again.
on 27 April 2017
Really comfy shoes, they are on the narrow side but have relaxed a little since wearing them but I do have quite thin feet.