Size: 8.5 UK|Colour: Brown (Black Slate)|Change

My Grandad has arthritis and COPD, it makes walking very hard and he doesn't have dexterity any more.

Very easy to get on, elastic gives and there's the tab at the back to hold onto
The design is inoffensive, not formal but not trainers, good enough for everyday situations for him.
Good grip
Comfortable
He's a standard 9 and they fit perfectly
He's very happy, was struggling with laces before and he feels steadier on his feet. Very glad I bought them for him.
I am a past fan of these Merrell Jungle Mocs and bought this latest pair (size 8.5, brown leather) expecting them to be consistent with earlier versions - the sizing is fine and they accommodate my very wide feet well. The leather is decent quality on the uppers and they look good quality. What isn't so good is that the soles seem to wear much more quickly than before. Also, the inner linings are not such good quality and feel rather sweaty. I think it's more than my imagination that someone has attempted to "improve" on a winning formula and in the process the shoes are now both less durable and don't breath as well as they used too. In summary, still comfortable, reasonably well made shoes but a notch down from their former glory.
on 28 December 2015
I ordered size 10.5 as I have wide sized 10 feet. These 'moc' loafers fit just about right for laceless footwear. I was a bit disappointed with the mid brown colour of the leather ( lighter than in the sales photo ) when I got the shoes. This was soon remedied with the careful application of 'oxblood' coloured shoe polish ( my choice ) by an index finger covered in a 'J' cloth so as not to get the polish on the slate and black coloured soles, and then a buff up. Now they look snazzy. The fantastic soles are cleverly comprised of two different densities of rubber. The black base and tread is hard, chunky, and durable, whilst the grey layer, between your feet and the black layer, is less dense to absorb your weight and the 'resistance-shocks' incurred in the process of walking and running, thus being kind to your feet. I wouldn't assume that these are too great for long hikes ( not being quite as practical as lace-ups ) but should be comfortable for jaunts of about 2 to 8 miles and trudging the hard pavements in towns and cities. I'm content with what I've got, a good innovation from a very respected walking boot and shoe manufacturer, and I cannot find fault in those soles at all.

Eamonn
on 11 October 2014
Merrell does not deserve it's good reputation. I bought 2 pairs of shoes from them via Amazon. People had said to buy a size up from normal on a pair of Chameleon walking shoes. I did this. I normally take a 9 to 9.5. I bought an 11 in a chameleon walking shoe which fits perfectly and a 9.5 in this slip on shoe. The 9.5 was way too tight whereas size 9 slip ons normally fit me. Exchanged no problem on Amazon prime but the size up that's just arrived is falling to bits out of the box. They must be cutting corners on sizing and quality control to save money. The sole is not stuck down and there's an inch gap where it's coming off. Merrel does not seem to be the quality brand it claims to be. I await to see how long the chameleon shoes will last.
on 10 August 2016
Disappointed with these shoes. I normally take size 8 in Merrell footwear, backed up by the fact that I have worn this brand for many years and have 3 pairs that I still wear. However, these being slip-on shoes I ordered a half size smaller ie. 7.5 to guard against being too loose. When I first wore them they seemed fine but after a few outings they started slipping off my heel, particularly the right foot. They are not too small a fit at all but the heel is shallow and after a little wear they fail to grip the back of your heel. I may just have been unlucky with the pair I got but I would advise other potential buyers to be aware of this oddity before purchase as I have definitely wasted my money.
on 5 November 2014
Unfortunately at times I suffer from tendonitis in both feet and slippers no longer provide the necessary support. So I have been wearing these indoors for a week now and the orthotic insoles provide the necessary support I need. More expensive than traditional indoor footwear but for me, essential
on 5 November 2014
don't think you are buying slippers, these are shoes by any other standard, consider going up one size I'm 71/2 and I bought 8 1/2 which seems about right, now breaking them in, they are very sturdy I can go shopping in them with no trouble. Very well packed and fast delivery. R. A. B.
on 2 February 2016
This is the second pair of these shoes I have owned in the last 8 years so they must have been good enough to buy a second pair when they wore out.

They are comfortable to wear and have a good thick sole with plenty of cushioning. I have relatively wide feet and a high instep so slip on shoes do not often fit me well and tend to press against the top of my foot, these shoes do not and fit well from new.

They last me 3-4 years of pretty much daily use and either wear out the sole or the lining on the heal. I will probably get another pair when the current ones wear out.
on 20 July 2016
they fit fine in my normal size and a very comfortable to walk in. only downsides are that they are too warm for hot weather causing sweaty feet. fine for autumn to spring. and they can be quite slippery on some wet surfaces.
on 15 February 2016
I normally take a size 9.5; so I ordered this size and the shoes fitted perfectly. My first half hour walk was very comfortable without the slightest
discomfort. They are well made and recommended.

See one answered question