Customer reviews

Merrell Jungle Moc, Men's  Loafer Shoes - Brown (Black Slate), 9 UK
Size: 9 UK|Colour: Black (Black Slate)|Change

on 29 April 2014
My Grandad has arthritis and COPD, it makes walking very hard and he doesn't have dexterity any more.

Very easy to get on, elastic gives and there's the tab at the back to hold onto
The design is inoffensive, not formal but not trainers, good enough for everyday situations for him.
Good grip
Comfortable
He's a standard 9 and they fit perfectly
He's very happy, was struggling with laces before and he feels steadier on his feet. Very glad I bought them for him.
on 25 March 2017
I currently own four pairs of Jungle Mocs. I have had more in the past - probably eight pairs in all. All of these have been the same marked size. I have kept buying them because they have always been a comfortable fit from new. Not anymore. These are absolutely unwearable. I can't even get the left one on and the right one is very, very tight.
on 12 January 2017
I love these and have been buying them for years. They take a little bit of breaking in but once done are comfortable and hard wearing, although strongly suggest you take the time to treat them with a weather protection product as they can stain when worn in wet conditions. Only reason I can't award 5 stars is that they are, like most brands, beginning to charge silly money just for the name.
on 8 June 2017
This is the 3rd pair of Merrells bought by me. (Black, grey and brown) They are fantastic! We often walk from Cooden Beach to Hastings which is around 5 miles there and they are wonderfully comfortable. My 4 star rating is because in the summer they become too hot, especially when you stop for a drink, but my remedy is to carry a shoehorn and take them off when we stop, so don't sit too close in the pub!
on 29 November 2014
The best shoes I have ever had. My first pair were worn every day for at least a year for casual and country walking when the ground was dry . I stopped wearing walking boots for the summer as these are much more comfortable . Now after many miles they have become slack and tired looking and make perfect slippers so my old slippers have been thrown out as these are so much nicer to wear around the house. Eventually they will end up as gardening shoes. I now own seven pairs of these shoes in various colours and rarely wear any of my other shoes as they just don't measure up in the comfort stakes. Get a pair and you'll never wear anything else.
on 13 October 2012
Found these to be reasonably comfortable (a little stiff) and a little generous on fit (slightly loose - but not enough for a size change.) Quality seems quite good but I think the full asking price is too high and more to do with the Merrell brand hype - they are manufactured in China (as are many other leading brands)and for the full price would expect more expensive (not always better quality!!)European manufacture. That being said, the sale price was an absolute bargain and I am well pleased overall. Very convenient "slip-on"and light weight - can take a full days walking about town or a full day at the Art Studio doing "practical" stuff. Would certainly recommend them (providing they are not purchased at full price)!!
on 11 May 2017
Not the most attractive shoe but ok for the purpose I bought them for. I'm a size 8 & could of done with half a size smaller but wore thick socks in winter & fit was perfect, with thinner socks in summer can feel the difference but they're not falling off. Usual good quality from Merrell.
on 9 August 2017
Another pair purchased for my Dad for Fathers Day and he loves them! Says his Merrells fit like slippers from the very first wear. Definitely a Merrell fan and would highly recommend these slip-on loafers.
on 29 January 2014
You cannot beat Merrell shoes for quality and comfort, but sometimes the sizing is questionable. I take a UK size 9, and a 9 in this shoe is just about right with normal (thin) socks, but I would need a 9.5 when wearing thick outdoor socks. I also own two pairs of Merrell lightweight trainers, one pair marked UK 8.5 is a perfect fit, while the other pair marked UK 9.5 is a little tight!
I definitely recommend Merrell shoes, but if possible try a few different sizes before buying.
on 17 June 2014
Other reviews said that the right size shoe was a bit tight....So I bought a size bigger that normal for me ....Which turned out to be slightly to big......I should have bought a half size larger....
The shoes themselves are ok...If they last as long as other reviews said they will, then I will be happy....
Not for the Jet set though .....

See one answered question