Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 11 September 2013
As a runner I am familiar with Merrell and currently use a pair of their trail shoes as my main training footwear. I have always been impressed with the quality and substance of Merrell products & I am frankly surprised at some of the 'quality' comments made by other reviewers, although clearly some of them state their haven't even wore the shoes - yet still they review them!!! I bought these shoes because they are similiar in design to the 'Minimalist' running shoes which Merrell produce and thus they have a very thin sole to encourage the user to walk/run more 'naturally'. As a 'natural' runner I have been extremely impressed by Merrell and these shoes have not disappointed. Fashionably crafted, they are very comfortable, and feel more like slippers than outdoor wear. The only issue I would warn you about is that the fore-heel area is sculptured out and made of a non-leather fabric would could pose an issue if you wore then on a very wet day? That apart I would heartily recommend these shoes.
on 24 August 2014
I have difficulty in finding size 13 shoes despite the increased numbervof men with large feet. This is one of the few good choices available. It would be great if there were more choice of colour as there is in smallervsizes
on 29 December 2015
Brilliant! These are instantly comfortable and feel totally worn in already.

This is my first pair of "bare-foot" trainers and the experience is strangely amusing. You walk outside thinking you're wearing slippers and expect that cold wet feeling in your socks in a few moments. However, as you walk on you realise what a natural feeling it is to have shoes that protect but let you feel the ground.

I think I summed it up best to my wife. You look perfectly normal but know you have this secret comfort in your clothing that nobody else knows about - like wearing women's underwear.... perhaps?!!! :0)

Oh, and shoeshoebedo were brilliant. Highly recommended.
on 21 October 2015
Interesting shoes. I rather naively thought that name "Barefoot" was, well, just a name. However the shoe is very light and comes with very little cushioning, especially of the heel. This means you most likely have to change your walking style: rather than clomping down on the heel you have to roll off the entire foot a bit like barefoot running, otherwise you will knacker your knees. I think the shoes look really good and after a bit of time adjusting to them I find them comfortable and quite free feeling
on 23 July 2015
Second pair of these. First pair lasted a year of daily wear I walk around 20 miles a week on pavement and they only started wearing through at the heel after 12 months. Light comfortable and durable. I have come to prefer non drop shoes for running and walking and these are good value walkers.
on 14 November 2015
This is my third pair of Merrell Barefoot Life Excursion Glove shoes.
Despite the very thin soles that seem quite flimsy I've found them extremely comfortable on long days commuting to and through London.
They also come up very clean in a short cold wash cycle in the washing machine.
on 16 December 2013
These shoes are fantastic, very comfortable and look good. Well priced and worth every penny. Having brought Merrell before they are hard wearing and simply the only shoes that last so worth paying that bit extra for. Very pleased with my purchase.
on 4 July 2014
I am normally size 8 but have wide feet, so initially felt an 8and half would have been better. Having worn them for a few days however, they are fine. In fact, they are so cleverly made, you dont even know you are wearing them !
on 16 August 2015
This is the perfect shoe is you want get the barefoot feeling the entire day in the office. It is the perfectly camouflaged minimal running shoe to suit a semi-formal occasion. Great fit and comfort. Highly recommend !
on 14 April 2015
If you want this shoe, go 1 size up. I ordered size 11. Size 12 would have fit, but on closer inspection you can get a much better shoe for the money. I won't be reordering.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse