on 13 May 2014
An amazingly comfortable pair of Merrell boots I have had one pair before and lived in them, this will be the next ones, they support my feet so well. Wish it was this easy to get these all the time here in New Zealand, as due to the fact that I will wear them most days need to be able to get a back up pair. Thanks again for the efficient and fast freight service.

Cheers

Alistair
on 4 May 2015
I bought these boots for a quite challenging trek through a variety of environments. From day one, they were the most comfortable walking shoes I have owned, and though I broke them in with a couple of hundred km walking, I felt I could have set off with them new with no discomfort. They are lightweight and the Gore-x ventilation works well, even in some warm temperatures with thick socks. The Vibram sole and inner construction is tough enough to be very protective on rough ground. The grip was excellent in a wide array of terrain from swamp and muddy mountain sides to slippery rocks in rivers.

I ordered size 11, after reading some of the reviews which suggested the fit may be a little tight. I have Merrell walking shoes of size 10.5 which are tight. These were slightly larger than I expected, but with careful lacing and thicker socks I was happy with the fit. I would suggest that size 10.5 would have been the right size, though I was happy to have the extra toe room for long descents.

In regard to waterproofing, the boots held up through a few swampy areas and wet forests for a couple of days. Had there been a break in the weather each day, I would have expected them to hold out. (I had expected the weather to be dry at this time of year). As it happened I walked for about two days further with moderate rain, and a few steps into river edges (mid-boot). By day four, they were soaked through, inside and out. Following the trek, they took a full day of sunshine to dry out. I am sure that there are boots that would have withstood the wetness better, but perhaps not for this price.

I would suggest that if you intend to use these for consistently wet walking for more than a few days, you might find a better option. However, for drier climates and tough terrain, these are excellent boots which I would highly recommend. (written by my husband).
on 4 June 2015
I bought these boots for a climb up Snowdon using the toughest path (The Watkin Path) and I can honestly say that these boots definitely lived up to their expectations. I did break them in but they actually did not require any. The shoes are tough with good grip and provide fabulous and comfortable support to the ankle; no blisters or any other such issue. The shoes are water-resistant as I've tested them in walking through puddles. However, interestingly, if you undertake long walks in wet / damp grass, I noticed that the waterproofing is not all that effective during prolonged exposure, though my feet were relatively dry through such terrain.

I've used them rather regularly over the past 4 months over walks ranging between 6 and 10 miles.
on 28 October 2014
Having never really worn walking shoes I didn't t know what to expect when I these arrived. These are so comfy it is unbelievable and very light in weight, I was wearing these for 18 hours for 3 days straight and I cant fault them. I read that they don't fit as well as they should however the fit wasn't a problem for me.
on 14 September 2016
the most comfortable boots i've had, its a shame when walking on some stone or concrete surfaces, "wet or damp kerb edges", " slate or damp or wet rock" it's like walking on ice, i have had occasion to fall over more thane once, not fit for purpose!!
on 26 January 2015
Exactly as described on the web site
Perfect fit - and I've got wide feet
Appears well made and should last for ages
And a good price
What else could you ask for ??
on 26 January 2015
after reading other reviews I picked the next size which fit perfect comfortable and delivered quick
on 6 October 2014
Excellent !
on 1 March 2015
comfortable functional boot and good value
on 6 September 2014
Over the last 15 Years + i had several models. I had never something to complain. Is not the cheapest option but absolutely top.
I`m happy with this company.