on 29 July 2017
I was a little wary after reading the other reviews. I purchased this bag for the use of carrying records. Although this is not what the bag is designed for it handles them well. I'm glad of the extra space even when I've had 60 records inside, as I have had CD's in there too. Although other reviews have said the plastic clips have snapped I have been fine so far, however I still feel this might happen when carrying so many records, it certainly keeps you on your toes wondering if it will break or not.

The shoulder saver isn't great, sometimes annoying, but I have appreciated it being there when carrying quite a few KG's.

Only time will tell how durable it is. One down point is when it rains, the flap doesn't fully cover the bag which leaves about an inch or so gap either side for the rain to get in. Not ideal if you have a laptop, paperwork etc.
One person found this helpful
on 29 November 2013
I've had this bag for around 6 months and loved it for almost all that time

The one thing that I had an issue with is the strap I got this as an alternative to a back pack for travelling to and from work given its size which is huge (If you include the expandable section which runs round the side) I thought it would have no issue carrying my laptop to and from work as when the situation is required (Which is not often)

As it turned out I only managed this twice. The first time I had my laptop which is a standard 15 inch widescreen machine weighing roughly 2 kilos and my uniform in the bag. This is not in my opinion a substantial weight the straps dis creak a little which I put down to the plastic moving.

The 2nd time I got 5 minutes from my front door with the same cargo as the original trip and the slider which adjusts the length of the strap gave way the whole thing un-looped and I thankfully caught the bag before it hit the ground

Either way that build quality is not good enough for the cost outlayed. While I loved the bag if you plan to carry more than a token amount I would find something else
6 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 27 July 2015
This is a late review, as this was brought for my husband for his birthday a few years ago. It was a great bag, although 3 months after buying this bag the strap buckle broke. Contacted supplier, but service from supplier and Amazon a joke as no replacement/refund given!
Would not recommend for normal everyday use, would only recommend for occasional use.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2013
This is a great bag – exactly the same layout as another bag I had from Eastpak – zip pocket on the front flap which secures with two pop-clasps, large main compartment with a zip all around the outside to increase the width of the main compartment; another zip inside the main compartment with a good size pocket. It also has two unsealed pocket areas (don’t put anything valuable in there!) under the flap and a Velcro big pocket on the back of the whole pack – which sort of divides it in two. Great for shoving winter gloves or hats in! As I said, very very close to the Eastpak design – but quite a bit taller / deeper, which is nice. And, to top it all off, the retro Japanese Atari logo and colour are great – the colour is a muted, understated maroon – funky and stylish. Bought this as an over-the-shoulder hand-luggage bag for short trips, but think I may end up using it all the time for work. Also, very quick delivery from bioworld. Recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on 7 May 2017
It looks great, loads of room, the material is very strong, but the plastic clips are cheap and nasty. The front clips require something (I used gaffer's tape) wrapped around the ends of the straps to stop them slipping through the clips, and the shoulder clips have little strength and one of them slipped free once and the bag with my laptop inside almost crashed to the ground.
on 9 August 2017
Absolutely great looking bag and the material seems very strong however the quality and strength of the clips remains to be proven based on other reviews. personally I'm trying to find metal replacements
on 8 December 2015
This bag is great! It has a thick weave material and loads of zips and compartments, not to mention the fact the main pocket expands if you undo the zip on the underside.It also appears to be (so far) pretty weather proof.

My only criticism is the clips that hold the flap shut. They have a habit of falling off of the straps. A minor criticism if you can find a way to amend it.
on 5 May 2017
Fantastic Bag, well made, lots of pockets

Large pocket back and front and back and side

2 Pockets under flap

2 Pockets inside
on 22 November 2015
when I brought this bag I immediately started using it and all was fine for the first three months (this included walking and cycling to work and everyday use).

on the way home from work I was walking with the bag and the adjuster on the strap broke then the bag unravelled and fell to the floor, I have since then been looking for an alternative strap for this bag
on 1 November 2013
Have been really enjoying my new Atari bag since it arrived!

It's surprisingly big which is a good thing for me plus it seems to be of a high quality considering the relatively modest price.

Recommended for both style and functionality!