- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Meripac Complete Window Feeder
|Price:||£10.87 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- A removable divider which allows the customer to have two different seeds simultaneously in the same seed tray
- A third sucker in an extended back with supporting struts connected to the base of the seed tray. This allows a tube feeder to be hung over the far end of the seed tray in a safe and highly visible location
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Meripac Complete Window Feeder
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I knew it might take a long wait before any of the smaller birds (which I can hear twittering in the trees and shrubs 50-100 feet away) noticed the feeder, and came to investigate. In the hope of speeding that up, after a week of seeing no signs of any birds noticing the feeder, I bought an artificial sprig of berries and (having ensured the berries were firmly attached and not easy to remove) wedged it between the feeder and the window glass - like a bird "Cafe open" sign.
Within 24 hours, I had my first (and so far only) visitor. I was a bit taken aback though - it was a magpie! I would have thought it would be too big for the feeder, but they're resourceful and intelligent, and this bird has managed it. He/she now visits several times each morning and evening, and yesterday, even brought a friend along. The remarkable thing is, the suckers show no signs of losing their grip on the window - the feeder is still very firmly attached, which is impressive, given the size of the visitor! (I've attached a photo - abysmal quality I know, but it was taken in a hurry from the far side of the room.)
No feeder can magic up birds where there aren't any, or speed up the process of attracting their attention if they don't usually come very close, but if and when one or more feathered friends do decide to visit, this feeder fits the bill admirably!
Here's a list of PROS and CONS for the product.
- The suckers have an excellent grip, better than you would expect from items of this size. I left the feeders outside and despite the Scottish rain and wind they never gave me the feeling I'd better bring them in. I have seen up to 2 small birds on a single feeder (they tend to "take turns" when eating), sometimes the blue tits stay on the feeder pecking down strong on it to open their sunflower seeds, but the feeder has always stood stable.
- There's a little compartment in front of the feeder for fresh water, which seems to be very appreciated and surely will help the birds in winter (we'll have to remember to bring the feeders in at night so that it does not freeze!). Nice touch for the bird's well-being.
- For safety, the feeders come with a lace you can tie to the window handles. In my case I preferred to put two nails on the side of the window, outside, so that the window can stay 100% closed. You can notice the lace on one of the pictures. When I bring the feeders inside for cleaning / replacing the water, I take the lace off the nail and the feeders up, leaving only the suction cups on the window. It's extremely easy to take them on and off the suckers (bonus PRO)!
- The green plastic parts prevents the birds to hit your window, giving them a visual point of reference for landing. It still happens sometimes that a bird hits the window, but that's just when they put on a fight and "lose control".
- Birds seem to enjoy spending time on the feeders, taking their time to pick their favourite seeds (peanuts above all in this period!) or peck the fat balls (by the way, the feeders hold 2 standard sized fat balls each, the ones you can get in any shop). They get scared if we move too close to the window, but if you don't do sudden movements you can stay a few inches from it and they'll still come.
- The shape of the feeder, with the oval hole on the backside, is perfect to maximise visibility and allows you to take pretty cool photos!
- In all honesty it's hard to find a con, since I am very pleased with the product. A con could be the fact that you have to build up the item yourself, the instructions are very clear and it's not rocket science anyway. The feeders come directly inside of the parcel, without a "fancy box" so you may want to open the parcel and put them in a nice bag if they are supposed to be a gift!
- Changing the water is a bit tricky. It would be easy if you replace water and seeds at the same time, but since water needs to be changed more often (it gets dirty pretty quickly with the birds eating above it), it's complicated to clean the water compartment only. I normally use kitchen towel to absorb the dirty water out, since I would fill the sink with seeds if I try to pour the water down from the feeders. Anyway, it is just a small inconvenience and there may be a better way to do it that didn't come to my mind yet!
At this price, this is an awesome purchase, especially for those living in a flat and missing the pleasures of a garden. It made a lot of difference in my house (it's a bit like having pets now, or a "bird tank"! :) ) and I would recommend it to all my friends.
Sticks very well to the window in my opinion. Three attachments for fatballs, plus a nice large base for seed etc and a separate (smaller) compartment at the front. Just hope the birds take to it but they're displaying a bit of neophobia just now.
Most recent customer reviews