- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
The Mercy [Blu-ray] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Academy Award winner Colin Firth (The Kings Speech, Kingsman: The Secret Service) portrays the incredible true story of Donald Crowhurst, an amateur sailor who competed in the 1968 Sunday Times Golden Globe Race in the hop of becoming the first person in history to single-handedly circumnavigate the globe without stopping.
With an unfinished boat and his business and house on the line, Donald leaves his wife, Clare (Academy Award winner Rachel Weisz, My Cousin Rachel, The Lobster) and their children behind, hesitantly embarking on an adventure on his boat the Teignmouth Electron.
From the Academy Award winning director James Marsh (The Theory of Everything, Man on Wire) and the producers of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, comes on the most enduring mysteries of recent times.
- Roundtable with Colin Firth, Rachel Weisz, Sir Robin Knox-Johnston and Danny Leigh
- Behind the Scenes Featurette
- Donald Featurette
- “A powerful and compelling true story” **** Radio Times
- “Colin Firth is terrific” **** Total Film
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 72 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a film which really gets to the heart of the people involved. It has credibility and substance and I really enjoyed it. A Race Too Far and a book about Crowhurst's journey are excellent reads which flesh out the detail. The DVD has loads of worthwhile extras including a behind scenes featurettes and very interesting Donald featurette.
many to a tragic ending.
I would 100% recommend everyone to watch this film, Colin Forth and Rachel Weisz give a fantastic performance, and the whole film gives an accurate account of this true story. Watching this film has given me a better understanding of the choices made by Crowhurst and the immense pressure he was under.
However if you are looking for a happy feel good film to watch, then this isn't it!