on 15 February 2015
I've owned many, MANY pairs of Caterpillar steel toed boots. Holtons, Sheffields, you name it, I've owned them. Various colours, various iterations of the same boot.
There must have been a point in time where the CAT guys had a meeting about their costs. they probably had two options - keep the quality and raise the price or keep the price and lower the quality. It appears that they chose the second.
Full disclosure - my last pair of steel toed boots were DeWalt - they lasted me for 14 months, and I would probably still be wearing them today if the "heel rub" hadn't gone through to the cardboard support. Anything over a year is great in my book.

Anyway, I bought a pair of these CATs in December. It's now February, and I've had to complain to Amazon about a fault. The strip of leather which secures the upper eyelets to the upper of the boot itself had come away completely (see photo). Amazon returns have been great as usual and I got a replacement the next day.

Look, these aren't as good as they used to be. They're more expensive than the comparable DeWalts but aren't as good quality-wise. Vote with your wallet and try the alternatives out there, I hear there are Dickies boots which go for around £25 and are highly rated, maybe next time I'll try those.
review image
on 17 September 2010
These boots are flawed and not worth purchasing if you intend to work in them as the the centre of the heels are made from some strange soft material which just disintegrates whithin a couple of months. I cant beleive a manufacturer like CAT didn't realise this. A waste of money. They are comfortable so it's a real shame.
on 2 October 2014
I used to buy a pair of these boots every 12-18 months, and have done for years. But like others have posted, the sole has got softer, and as a result, my last pair lasted less than 6 months. So sadly now looking for an alternative.
on 4 December 2015
Just bought these & sending them straight back. Ordered a size 7 & they are too big. Not had this prob with normal cat boots nor my steel series size 7 ssfety boots. Can't give a score as no replacement is offered (probably due to me buying these on black friday deals) so I'll have to meet it half way due to this size issue seeming to be causing a lot of other reviewers hassle too. & yes, like another reviewer said, they look like clown boots. Try in stores first then come back if cheaper. Now off to sort out more important issues, what to have with my fried egg, branston or English mustard. (The mustard jar looks a little on the small side).
on 4 August 2010
These boots will only last you a few months. Cat have decided to start making the boots with a hollow tread which means with in a few months you will have holes in the bottom of your boots. Not the build quality we have come to expect.
on 11 May 2013
Comfortable at first, and good looking safety boot.

However, despite not wearing them in a particularly demanding work environment (I work in a nuclear power station, which is kept immaculate and clean), the boots are needing replaced after less than 6mths. The insides are worn out, laces are disintegrating, etc.

Disappointed as Caterpillar usually make excellent products.
on 22 February 2014
Nice boots.
They may be oil resistant- but they sure as hell pick up other dirt and stains that are near impossible to remove.
They are comfortable though- and after wearing them for a forthnight, the leather is nice and supple- and you'll even drive quite happily in them.

First two weeks- make sure you wear decent socks- or your ankles will be raw!
on 8 January 2016
Have tried both 10 and 9 UK sizes and they come way to big causing bruising around back of ankle, overall a good boot, need sole inserts in to make better, my last were CAT P0129 boots fitted like a glove,lol and no aching or bruising for a fraction of the price, have had cheaper and better boots, CAT getting expensive these days. These boots have varied between £10 and £15 price difference, bet price found so far on Amazon.
on 15 August 2015
As a gardener I go through a pair of Cat shoes every year and decided to buy these before my old pair comes apart at the seems. I cover on average about 20 miles a day so need something comfortable and hard wearing. Have always been pleased with Cat boots and they seem to last longer than other makes i have tried. To my surprise these seem to be slightly bigger in size than my last size 10. Not sure why but take care when ordering. I am always a size 10 but these are a little loose but with really thick socks just about okay for me.
on 18 May 2013
Boots cracked after 2nd day as they are as stiff as a concrete turd, had to glue them constantly just to keep together, excellent delivery from a trustworthy shop but the boots are now crap now they are made in china, the right boot is bigger than the left, comfort has gone & so has my trust in crapapillar . Spend more & buy another brand.