Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.31|
Save £7.32 (88%)
Memoirs of an Outlaw: Life in the Sandbox Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
He survived all this, but some in his company did not, and he shared the emotions he felt when the close-knit company lost one of its own. His platoon's missions to clear the roads around Fallujah of IEDs and to engage enemy insurgents were described in enough detail to be downright scary, with the Marines never knowing when an IED, an RPG or mortar shell, or a bullet had their number.
Despite the dangerous missions and the hellish conditions, there were some humorous situations, including one Marine entrepreneur's sideline of selling pills to the other men. And it's not what you think - there were no illegal drugs or alcohol allowed in Camp Baharia.
I'm thankful for men like Bob Tanner who go in harm's way for the rest of us, and I'm thankful for his marvelous memoirs.
Thank you for your service, Outlaws!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Middle East
- Books > History > Military History > Iraq War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Historical > Military & Wars > Afghan & Iraq Wars > Iraq War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Leaders & Notable People
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Professionals & Academics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Military