on 19 July 2012
My 2 year old loves jigsaws. I wanted to get one that may last for his one year old brother, and I've always liked wood over flimsey paper/card so picked this one. I find that Melissa & Doug toys can be a bit hit and miss in terms of quality, but with their wide range of products, seemingly reasonable price, and lack of competition from other companies, I thought I'd give this a go. Sad to say I was quite disappointed. Item arrived sealed, but even before tearing the celophane I could see the all familiar 'splinters' of wood, and in the corner of one piece the cardboard picture was already slightly torn, probably from when the jigsaw was cut. This has been one of the reasons I do try and avoid this brand, that however lovely, the cardboard picture on the wood is nothing compared to a solid wood jigsaw (or even hardened cardboard) where the image and jigsaw itself are one together. I can say now that I would be prepared to pay more for a higher standard. What is the point of having a lovely toy if it falls to bits within such a short time? I know my boy will have fun with this, so I am keeping it, but cannot conceal my disappointment. The pieces do not even fit well together, they are very stiff, but again with M&D products you are paying for the chance that it MIGHT be fine. I have one other jigsaw of theirs which is OK and will be suitable for my One year old when the time comes, but these do not stand any test of time, and I will not be recommending.. If only John Crane did similiar products with more variety. J C 'first jigsaws' are painted wood and perfect for presents etc as they are very durable. Shame. Mums and Dads be warned!
on 6 October 2011
Bought this jigsaw for my 3yr old grandson. He loves doing puzzles and was not disappointed with this one. He is mad on diggers and loved the bright pictures. Strong wood construction and chunky pieces which are great for little hands. A good buy.
on 21 January 2012
this is a reasonable puzzle and my son enjoyed playing with it for a while. The problem is that it is not well made. Unless you are extremely careful putting the pieces together, bits of the wood chip off and splinter. This happens immediately, i.e the first time that anyone lays with it.
on 21 April 2014
I should have looked how many pieces there were because they are way too easy for my 2 year old. However, he still loves the picture on the front being a vehicle obsessed toddler (what boy isn't right?).
on 13 March 2013
Christmas present for my 2 year old nephew and it has gone down a treat. He is able to do it more or less by himself. Good quality, good picture for any boy interested in diggers and dumpers!
on 7 March 2014
My two year old son absolutely loves this and is transport mad-he manages to do this with his eyes closed now and still love the bright colours and the details.
Fab Puzzle.
on 15 June 2013
My grandson loves this. It arrived promptly and was just as described in the details. When we need more I will definitely look at this again.
on 3 January 2013
Received well by 3 yr old great grandson - but he did it so quickly I think it may be too simplke for him - should have got a 24 piece.
on 29 April 2014
He didn't really like this and it was sent to the charity shop fairly soon after receiving as may have been completed twice.
on 14 September 2013
These are for a present, but they look lovely puzzles and well made. Perfect for a little boy who loves vehicles.