VINE VOICEon 28 May 2010
A very well made Boot with no rough edges and virtually indestructible. The substantial base is plain ply wood, varnished inside and out. The thick middle sides of the shoe are pillar box Red inside and out, with White eyelets painted around the outside of each hole. There are 5 pairs of holes. The solid ankle section is plain White inside and out. The solid toe is plain White all over.

The lace is a good quality weave, pillar box Red and White with 1 1/4" 2.5cm plastic binding to each end. It's rather long 67" 1m 69.5cm. This length is needed for the size of shoe, however I keep it out of reach when I'm not actually with my little one using it.

All measurements are approx:-

Sole/Base
Length just under 8 1/2" 21cm
Width at widest point 3 3/4" 9cm
Width at narrowest point 2 1/2" just under 6cm
Depth 1/2" 1.5cm

Highest point Ankle 12.5cm just under 5 1/4"
Shortest point Toe 1 3/4" just over 4cm

Hole diameter just under 1/2" just over 1cm

My little one enjoys just threading the lace through any way. As the holes are large, it's very easy to push the lace through. When a little older we will use this to help learn tie a lace. It's heavy enough to remain in one place pretty well when in use too. This is also enjoyed shuffling around worn on a foot, though uncomfortable!

This will undoubtedly last years and would be ideal for a special education/classroom environment. We are very pleased we bought this lovely shoe.
on 18 December 2013
My 5-year old granddaughter struggled to learn this skill, but having the lacing shoe made it so much easier. It still took her a little while to master it but when she got frustrated she could just put it to one side and pick it up later and start again. The look on her face when she finally mastered it was priceless! An excellent learning tool.
on 10 July 2012
My 6 and 4 year olds loved this shoe. The 6 year old has never had to tie laces in his life before and was very upset when he got new lace up shoes and he couldn't do them. Bought this big toy shoe and he's no longer afraid of laces! Still needs a bit more practice but he's getting there. Excellent buy. Very robust, brightly coloured and easy to use.
on 31 March 2016
COST: Very Reasonable

GOOD BITS:My son was struggling to learn how to tie his shoes for starting school last year. And we had tried using other methods to teach him but the shoe lace on this shoe is great. It's thick enough for her small hands to manage and within the first day of trying, he learned how to tie a shoe. A friend recommened this shoe to me and I recommend it to everybody I know.

BAD BITS: I wish it had come with around the tree" directions but it didn't come with either.

WOULD I RECOMMEND: 100%
on 28 October 2015
great teaching aid! Perfect in unisex colours. I had been struggling to get my 5 year old to lace her shoes but her trainers were to light and kept moving and she lacked confidence when in her foot and didn't want to try. This solid boot helped me to show her a good technique without the shoe flying around., after half hour on this, she's a pro! Thank youn
on 16 April 2016
Teaching a 6 year old how to get started with shoe laces. Bought it along with the book - I can tie my own shoe laces. We change the lace colours for fun! Its a solid shoe but you can't stick your foot in! Its very solid and robust.
on 17 April 2012
Ordered this for our neice who's 6 years old, she's always had velcro shoes/trainers till now because she didn't know how to tie laces, so, thought if she was able to, she'd then opt for shoes/trainers with laces. It arrived, she wanted to play with it straight away, and within 3 hours she'd taught herself, bonus! It looks great, is very well made, and would thoroughly recommend it
on 16 March 2016
Perfect product, my 3 year old granddaughter loves it and she learned to tie laces in no time using this
Wooden shoe. Ideal product for a gift but I would recommend use of the product under adult supervision only since the lace is long .
on 11 February 2013
Prompt delivery, well made and heavy product, depending on the age of the child that could prove a bit of a hindrance as younger children may be tempted to swing it around using the laces. Not yet achieved the desired outcome but will persevere - thus has more to do with the child than the product.
on 2 January 2016
Excellent, my youngest son absolutely loves this and my oldest has finally learnt to tie his shoes :) very robust item: it has been thrown around, left in the garden, taken on holiday and still looks great; no chipped paint, no dents etc. Really simple but really good!