TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 October 2007
In the past, there has been a well defined line between those who wanted to make money in industry and those interested in the spiritual, cultural, and environmental future of our world. Megatrends 2010: The Rise of Conscious Capitalism states that this division is becoming more and more blurred. In fact, a new trend is growing in business. This new development is blending industry with spiritual, cultural, and environmental awareness to create Conscious Capitalism.

As I read this book, I wasn't sure whether I should applaud Conscious Capitalism or whether I should be appalled. I could see that in some cases, this new practice was beneficial. Employers were looking at ways to improve the lives of employees and trying to make strides to connect with the modern consumer's needs. Some of the companies described were also thoughtfully examining how their products added to the wealth of our future. However, I can see how Conscious Capitalism could easily become a strategy used as a promotional method but not actually practiced by these businesses. In these cases, consumers, employees, and our children would be the losers.