on 13 July 2017
Quality very good not happy with the delivery on the first attempt and on the second attempt it took seven days
on 26 May 2017
great product - takes time to assemble and some parts were missing
on 27 April 2014
We received this item far sooner as was indicated (although they would not send to Shetland Isles without a hefty surcharge!) My husband assembled it himself within 6 hours and only needed my help to stand it up. My 4 year old enjoys all the activities very much and plays on it every day (weather permitting). We need something sturdy here in the windy Northern Isles and this fits the bill perfectly. One or two of the poles were slightly warped on arrival but it did not greatly affect the whole structure. We would not hesitate to recommend this item to anyone - even next doors cat has used it for a climbing frame (much to our amusement!) but hoping it will not become used as a scratching pole!! Thank you Amazon - your price was much cheaper as other outlets for the same item.
on 21 August 2014
wrong length main pole sent
slide not as good as origional ones, being narrower and more flimsy
swing seat narrower than origional ones and suspending ropes make seat high
glider higher of ground making it diffecult to mount
on 4 June 2016
Instruction manual had pages missing so it began at pg3, and between pg26-31 these were missing. So had to figure out much of the assemble without the instructions. 1 x piece of wood missing from underneath the slide too.
Having said that now we've sorted it and finished the assemble it is secure and the kids are happy! But for what it cost Plum need to sort their kit checks out!
review image
on 7 December 2014
Arrived without much warning but on opening the one parcel to check all the contents I was surprised to find the contents all ok, I was expecting breakages as the only parcel that accompanied all the loose wooden parts was extremely battered & torn apart.
The climing frame is what you would expect for the amout paid, it is not brilliant quality but will certainly do the job.
On close inspection 3 of the supplied legs are sort of peeling leaving rather nasty sharp edges that will have to be sanded & smoothed off befor allowing any hands, be it adult or childrens hands anywhere near them.
So if sanding down the wooden parts prior to any use is not what you have in mind I suggest purchasing a better, more costly activity play frame.
The fittings (Nuts, Bolts, etc) are all bagged up & easy to check through as the supplied instruction booklet has a clear parts check list, I suggest you go through all the supplied fittings etc prior to any erection of the frame to spot any missing fittings or parts.
A point of note, the fittings include small black plastic nut caps to protect small childrens hands from sharp bolt threads, when installing they are very, very brittle & I found out when pushing them in place they split & shatter very easily, there are no spares so, pour a bowl of hot water to pre warm the plastic caps before installing, they are less likely to split & shatter then, don't use boiling water, you will burn your hands retrieving the plastic caps from boiling water, use hot water that is hot but that you can still put your hand into to soak the plastic caps in befor installing to make them more flexible ready to install without splitting.
I would say the frame is a good buy on a budget, but if your a complete DIY novice you may struggle to erect this item, best to ask for help from a friend or neighbour who is DIY friendly, or buy a different play frame is my advice.
My Grand children love it but always supervise any children playing on this item as the slide platform is quite high off the ground for a child to climb up to alone.
Would I purchase this item again knowing what I know about the few niggles & sharp edges on the wooden legs to remedy befor use, the answer would still be yes.
Price is good compared to other play frames available, the quality is ok & will do the job even if the odd part needs a little sanding down befor use, its not the end of the world, so decide for yourself from my truthful review.
on 12 May 2014
We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old and they love it. My husband was able to put it together by himself in 4-5 hours with no problems. Great size and seems durable.
on 22 October 2016
This is a good well constructed garden play combination. I like the natural wooden frame. My grandchildren love it. It takes time to erect and there were some screws missing. I had my handiman put it together and it needed securing to the ground. The slide needs raising somewhat off the ground as the children slide right to the end and land with a bump on the ground, therefore it could be a hazard if the ground underneath was a hard surface. I set mine on grass and will likely need to change this and have wood chippings or a rubber matting put underneath and around it for safety purposes.
on 20 July 2013
lots of cracks in the wood which look bad but apart from that it is a good set for the money
on 29 April 2015
Great item,shame about the poor communication about delivery.