on 24 September 2017
Excellent simple beginners read
on 7 June 2014
I had always scoffed at meditation when I first heard about it. Like many people I assumed it was all about religion and chanting or other crazy stuff. Once I got over myself I tried meditation and while the first few times felt awkward I started to see benefits almost immediately. They are not physical benefits that you see as much as the internal calmness. This is a great book for beginners and really shows you how anyone can do meditation.
on 27 December 2014
A very good book.
It ticks all points.
The service was excellent.
on 6 December 2014
Unfortunately, the book is annoyingly full of mistakes and needs to be seriously edited. It's an extremely short book but covers most types of meditation with explanations for beginners. It takes very little time to read through it but it didn't inspire me to continue studying the subject.
on 13 August 2015
This book was awful. It was a lot of the writer talking about himself and not very much about the subject. It didn't teach me anything I didn't know or anything I could use. A waste of money
on 12 August 2015
Not a bad read for the curious amongst us thinking about getting in to meditation. This book answers many of the questions the beginner might have. An overview of various ways to practice the discipline including the basics (breathing) through to strange sounding stuff such as personal affirmation meditation and various points in between.
A bit more to it than sitting still with your eyes closed and changing “ohm” – a cliché it is not.
On sitting still – a feature of the book I did find of particular use and help was the section on correct sitting positions. Not only clearly explained, the inclusion of photographs to give a visual representation of the positions was a big help. No need to try and “imagine” it from the written descriptions. You can see it. Nice touch.
What did irritate me a little (and this is just a personal thing) was the dozen or so pages towards the end of the book with the author pushing some of his other books. Nothing wrong with that – a valid marketing tactic – though I do feel it could have been done in a subtler way.
As I say, that’s simply a personal opinion. It does not detract from the main purpose of the book - which delivers on what it promises.
on 1 December 2014
But doesn't tell the whole story. I was lost by chapter three or four despite a promising start. Well worth reading though, as an introductory source.
on 6 June 2014
This book is a fantastic beginner's guide to the subject - it's all you need to get started. I found it simple to absorb and it gave effective results. I would suggest a quick read through - followed by a slower read to absorb all the content.

The author's personal experiences contribute greatly to the text. The practices I have learnt so far are giving results already - so I must be on the right track. Highly recommend for beginners. Jake
on 13 April 2015
A flimsy paperback that is very short and not worth the price. (Is more like a leaflet than a book).
on 7 November 2014
It's a bit "American" but very positive and has helped both myself and my husband, who is a very sceptical person. when stressed.