on 16 August 2011
Mine was not an impulse buy - I had another Plate in my Amazon basket for 18 months. During which time I researched medical opinion on the subject. When I decided to buy the Medicarn 1250 (Series 300) it was far more powerful than the Plate languishing in my basket, but the same price!! It needs a bit of designated space to enjoy properly. But the results are amazing, it has strengthened my neck muscles -releasing trapped nerves and blood vessels to my arms without physiotherapy or Osteopathy. Best of all I'm a different shape - at first I thought my bust had got bigger, but no it's the missing layer of fat that was supporting it!! Wish I had measured myself 3 months ago. I took my time working up to the top Pre-Set Program, as I see this as a regular and long term aid to good health and well being. I really do play the Beach Boys whilst exercising - it's good fun.
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2012
After weeks of researching various products on line; I was continually drawn back to this particular model due to the positive ratings. I have in the past had a nightmare with having large items delivered to my home and was dreading this part of the process. To my absolute delight I was continually kept updated of my delivery schedule and on the day of delivery received constant update calls advising of a rough time of arrival, I was told 09:45 and they turned up bang on time, The delivery men even carried the items up two flights of stairs for me; as we live in a three storey house. I would rate this service a definite 10\10.
My reasons for purchase were (1) a continual back problem, recently compounded by a car accident (2) Middle age spread, I am a 53 year old male who hates the concept of going to the gym and wanted something that I could do in the privacy of my own home, that was not to vigorous.
I unpacked all of the parts (nothing missing) and I had assembled the unit in 30 minutes without the need to refer to any literature (it really is very simple).
I have now had the plate for around 5 weeks; here are my observations and experiences to date:- Due to my back problem I cannot get within 24" of my feet to put on shoes when I exit my bed in the mornings, so I slide my feet into my slippers and sit with a hot water bottle on my lower back for 5 minutes. Afterwards I hop onto my vibrating plate and run the first two minutes at 30 setting after which I slowly increase the intensity up to 45 setting. The further the feet are apart the more vigorous the workout, If you pivot your heels outwards this intensifies the workout further still. After 10 minutes my back feels so much more fluent and pain free; I am also able to tie shoe laces and even clip my own toe nails (luxury).
I have also experienced other benefits of using my plate; I am a sufferer of IBS and using my plate twice a day has been a revelation. This has regulated my bowel and reduced the bloating, stomach cramps and continual urge to visit the toilet.
Using the plate has also stopped another condition; which I call restless legs, where after a long day of driving or standing around my legs would ache and feel restless and uncomfortable, hop on my plate for ten minutes in the evening and the problem is cured.
Unfortunately I have not lost any weight or reduced my middle age spread, but in all fairness my diet and eating patterns are not the healthiest, with an addiction to crisps and sausage rolls and the odd midnight chocolate binge.
Overall I am absolutely delighted with my purchase. If you suffer from IBS or back problems you will be amazed at the results. It really has transformed my existence.
on 18 April 2011
I purchased this vibration plate for medical purposes. I have suffered with adhesions for approx 7/8 years following surgery. My adhesions are extremely painful and cause me severe discomfort on a daily basis. My adhesions are fibres that have attached my scar tissue to my womb and then to my bowl causing extreme pain when needing and going to the toilet. I have had corrective surgery twice and have had several different kinds of tablets and nothing eases my pain. Since purchasing my Series 300 I have noticed a change to my body shape, I haven't lost much weight however I have toned up dramatically and now have legs to die for. I am sleeping constantly through the night, (my adhesions often kept me awake) and feel much fresher and livelier. My pain has not just eased but has completely gone. I cannot explain why or how but since using this machine twice a day I have been pain free for the first time in 7/8 years. This is the first time I have not had to have any prescription tablets in many years. This machine is not only toning me it's actually given me a better quality of life. This is the best product I have ever purchased, it has really changed my life.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2011
My wife had been going for a few weeks to one of those booths where you get 15 minutes per session. She had felt the vibration plate machine toning her muscles in her legs, where she was trying to lose some weight, and felt more 'flexible'.
So, we decided to buy one as you can then do the excercises when you want and as often as you want.

I had looked at all the different one's about, and put my money on the Medicarn as it looked right and had the best HP motor.
The Medicarn was easily put together, my daughter (18) managed to do it before I got home from work as it had arrived mid afternoon.

My wife has said it definately helps with back pain when doing sit up excercises as she never managed to do them before as well as can feel it continuing to tone up her legs / thighs etc after only a few weeks.

The built in program routines have a wide variety of settings and there is also manual settings, the only slightly annoying thing for me is the beeping noise when pressing the buttons and when the program has finished!

We were afraid it wouldn't be as good as the ones in the toning booths, but seems to do the job.
on 12 August 2011
Everything went according to plan. The product was delivered hassle free and very quickly. It was easy enough to construct by 2 people. It is simple to operate. I would strongly advise that the recommendation to use it for no more than 20 minutes should be ridgidly adhered to. Ten (10) minutes is enough. In fact I would like to see manufacturers put a device to control the time by switching off the machine completely in the way a washing machine is locked for several minutes after use. I would advise that there are dangers of over use in the beginning, specially in the unfit with mobility problems. Over stimulation of little-used muscles and joints can be become painful; causing more problems than it solves initially, so beware! Otherwise.......... a great machine. I feel a great deal better from using it. I have arthritis with stiff and swollen joints. After 3 weeks daily use, my mobility has improved because the stiffness and swelling have eased. A bonus is that I feel more toned. My daughter has MS, uses it daily and finds her leg muscles strenghtening and is walking further as a result. We are delighted with the product all round.
on 25 July 2011
This is my second purchase of a vibration plate as my first was from a sports shop and was cheap at £159 but so loud that I gave it away. This one how ever is a very good version for the lower end of the market. It is quiet and has a range of settings. Its down side is that it only does ten minute sessions so you have to put it on twice to do a twenty minute work out. I use it almost everyday and found it easy to put together. I have tried the top end of the range also and I have to say there is a big difference in the machines but not everyone can afford the £3000+ market.
For value for money I would say buy it as your starter for these machines and if you can purchase a more expensive plate to do your research carefully. Try before you buy is a good option if you can do it and I would give it a 8 out of 10 mainly because of the price reduction and the quietness of the machine.
on 3 May 2012
After some serious concideration and research i decideded to buy the Medicarn 300 vibration plate, It was comparitive with some of the much more expensive brands but a fraction of the cost. I have used a vibration plate in a salon and have found this one to be as good if not better! It is quite heavy and bulky on delivery but the driver was happy to carry it through to room I wanted it in (don't know if this is standard or I was just lucky to get a kind guy), The machine is sturdy and robust in my opinion, it was easy to assemble on my own and only took 30 mins or so, it is quiet when in use even at its top speed it is not very noisy. The control panel is self explanitory and easy to use the only thing I don't like is the beeping when using the buttons. I have only had mine for a week but am hooked on it already, hope it will aid my weight loss, time will tell! I find it very theraputic, my aching back seems to be improving and I get a sense of well being so if nothing else this is a good thing. If you are looking to buy a vibration plate look no further the medicarn 300 series vibration plate offers value for money it is awesome I would highly recommend it!!
on 3 November 2010
good range of different speeds and easy to understand instructions when building the product. did have to contact the buyer for the dvd as this was missing but they forwarded it on a few days later. Very speedy delivery. helped my boyfriends cramps after his motocross endurance race usually he suffers with leg cramps for several hours after a race but ten minutes on this machine and he was fine. very quiet as well which is a bonus.
very good buy
on 20 April 2012
I've been looking at purchasing a vibration plate for the past couple of years, as I had read how beneficial they are to your wellbeing as they give you a complete, full-body workout incorporating stretching, balance, core, strength-building and massage, all in only as little as 15 minutes. However, the good ones were a bit too expensive for me and I have been waiting for the prices to come down. At last, I noticed that Medicarn plus a few other makes had reduced their power plates considerably. After reading the reviews on the Medicarn equipment, I decided to purchase. I am very pleased I did, it was easy to build (yes, I'm a woman and did it all by myself). I have only had it a couple of weeks but I am already feeling the benefit. I use it every morning, as soon as I get out of bed, as I understand that workouts are more beneficial first thing in the morning before breakfast.

The vibration plate itself is very sturdy, well built and easy to use. A DVD comes free and I watched that before I attempted to start my programme. I would definately recommend this product.
on 6 March 2011
We wanted a vibration plate to help with fitness and weight loss and due to various medical conditions a vibration plate was recommended.

The Medicarn Power Vibration plate came with a full set of instructions and was very easy to assemble and with it's two wheels was very easy to manover into position.

The machine gives you options of using the 10 minute pre programed routines or your own. Most are starting very slowly 1 - 2 minutes 6 times per day and they are now upto 6 minutes 6x per day at a low vibration level.

Several members of the family are using the machine age range is from their 20's to 70's, all state they are finding benifit and are not bored. Due to the slow start most have made it is a bit early to talk about results. We will review again in 6 months.