- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Medical Statistics: A Textbook for the Health Sciences (Medical Statistics) Paperback – 29 Jun 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This is an excellent text for teaching an introductory course in biostatistics and for those interested in self–study." ( The American Statistician, November 2008)
“This book seems to me to be a very useful course text for an audience of students in the health sciences.” (Biometrics, December 2008)
"This is an excellent text for teaching an introductory course in biostatistics and for those interested in self–study." (The American Statistician, November 2008)
"…this reviewer recommends without any reservation this book for an introductory course in medical statistics." (MAA Reviews, December 28, 2007)
From the Back Cover
Now in its fourth edition, this book is an updated and expanded version of a best seller in medical statistics. It is a concise, clearly written introduction to statistical terms and methods used in medicine.
Many medical and health science students will have some knowledge of statistics when they take up their courses. However this knowledge is often general in nature and not relevant to a medical environment. Medical Statistics: A Textbook for the Health Sciences , Fourth Edition provides students and practitioners with a clear, readable introduction to the statistics they will come across in their regular reading of clinical papers. References to real examples and published papers are used throughout as part of the teaching element of the book
Review of the Third Edition
"a simple, interesting and insightful introduction to medical statistics...highly recommended." Statistical Methods in Medical Research
- comprehensive coverage of the essential statistical methods.
- worked examples and exercises on the interpretation of the statistics in papers published in medical journals.
- written by three experts with wide teaching and consulting experience.
- excellent layout of information, learning objectives, test questions and answers all serving to promote the book’s proven effectiveness as a learning tool
See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Epidemiology & Medical Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics > Statistics & Probability
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Research & Equipment
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z