Medical and Psychiatric Issues for Counsellors (Professional Skills for Counsellors Series) Hardcover – 11 Dec 1996
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
`An interesting overview of medical and psychiatric issues that may arise for counsellors... readable, lucid and free of jargon. The issues addressed include referral and assessment, ongoing counselling and supervision, medical conditions and their treatment, psychiatric conditions and their treatment, and ethical and legal issues... it raises awareness of some important issues to consider when working with clients with medical and psychiatric conditions' - British Journal of Guidance and Counselling
`Such a broad focus for a small book... and how efficiently covered! [It] is relevant and thought-provoking all the way... This book raises the [medical and psychiatric] issues and makes constructive suggestions for resolution of them... Boxes of helpful checklists... pop up at relevant points throughout the text for handy reference... for practising counsellors and those in the latter part of training, it can certainly be regarded as essential reading' - Counselling News
About the Author
Linda Gask is Reader in Psychiatry at the University of Manchester and has been a Consultant Psychiatrist for ten years.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services