MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
|Sale:||£29.97 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£30.00 (50%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Our Artisanphonics EB-01 earphones are housed in premium wood reclaimed from luxury furniture manufacturers, which would otherwise have been wasted
- This premium wood housing provides superior acoustic performance, and means that each pair of these earphones is unique, displaying their own individual wood grain and colour tone
- The drivers of the EB-01 produce powerful sound with vibrant bass and balanced musical detail.To prolong cable life, we use a Kevlar-reinforced cable with a 135-degree angled 3.5mm connector. The braided fabric cable-outer is used to minimise tangling
- An integrated microphone is provided, with a built-in click button that answers/ends calls and controls music playback (see the main product description for more information). This functionality is compatible with most modern smartphones and laptops
- Warranty: One year. Simply email MediaDevil for support. MediaDevil was awarded the UK Department of Trade & Investment (UKTI)'s 2011 Business Innovation Award for "demonstrating the virtues of excellent products and a passionate company"
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Our Artisanphonics EB-01 earphones are housed in premium wood reclaimed from luxury furniture manufacturers, which would otherwise have been wasted. This premium wood housing provides superior acoustic performance, and means that each pair of these earphones is unique, displaying their own individual wood grain and colour tone (please see the secondary product images to view examples of the possible variations in colour).
We have configured the drivers of the EB-01 to produce powerful sound with vibrant bass and balanced musical detail. They punch well above their weight in terms of sound quality.
To prolong cable life, we use a Kevlar-reinforced cable with a 135-degree angled 3.5mm connector. The cable has a braided fabric outer to minimise tangling.
2 Clicks: Skip to next music track
3 Clicks: Start current music track again / Play previous track
1. Protect and care for your headphones by always placing them in the natural fibre bag provided when not in use.
2. As with any decent earphones, it is imperative that you use the correct fitting ear buds. This seals the ear canal and produces a much higher quality sound (it makes a very big difference!).
Warranty: One year.Your satisfaction is really important to us, and we will do our best to help ensure that you are a happy MediaDevil customer.
MediaDevil was awarded the UK Department of Trade & Investment (UKTI)'s 2011 Business Innovation Award.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 8:48 Mins|
1. Exceptional sound.
2. Superb build quality with a kevlar reinforced wire.
3. Microphone is excellent, including when used outdoors.
4. In-line clicker remote works great with Android and can control volume! (An app is required for this, and an explanation and tutorial is in the video).
5. They look great.
6. The earphone wood, box and carry bag are made from recycled materials.
7. They come with free sweets. Nice touch!
My original purchase lasted around 7 months and then an earpiece fell out of the wooden housing. Upon contacting Mediadevil they responded to me within less than a day and stated that they would be sending me a 2nd gen replacement.
These are the issues that were prevalent with the 1st gen earphones:
- Horrible noise feedback through the wires due to the braided fabric material (any rubbing against the wires would be heard in-ear).
- Many people reported that silver base of the earphone comes away from the wooden housing which is what happened to me.
I am happy to say that both these issues have been rectified.
The braided material is only up to the point where the earphone cables split to left and right, the rest of the way is now the standard rubber material you get on most earphones. This has completely removed that annoying noise that you used to get when rubbing the 1st gen cables against anything.
In the email response I received from MediaDevil they confirmed the weak glue holding the silver and wood pieces together and said the 2nd gen version has a much stronger hold.
I am happy to say that MediaDevil have one of the best customer service teams as they were understanding and also take notes about their customers feedback which can't be said for most companies these days. I will gladly purchase from them again and would highly recommend others to try this brilliant company out.
In terms of quality I can confirm that my £90 Sennheisers perform around the same as these. Now this is value for money!
Like many audio transducers, these earphones need running in. Out of the box the EB-01 are quite bass heavy and lacking in top end, but after a about 50 hours (loud) they settle down and become more coherent. They are remarkably forgiving too. While they make a good source sound good they also make the best of a bad source. All round they are nice.
The almost not good points:
1) The connector looks a bit weird- to me anyway. Don't get me wrong- it's robust, fits snugly, doesn't fall out, and is easy to use.
2) You get a choice of three diameter rubber sleeves which you fit to suit your ear, but I would like one just a smidgin smaller diameter than the standard size but not as small as the next size down. Perhaps MediaDevil would consider including a further two sleeves, one slightly smaller than normal and one slightly bigger.
3) The high frequencies are slightly subdued. Once again I'm being super critical.
4) They lack the degree of detail, definition, and wide sound stage of high-end phones. The fact that they can even be compared to high-end phones, costing £300 upwards, tells you something!Read more ›
Mediadevil are a great company to purchase from (i've bought plenty of stuff from them now) but their info on this product was scant. This is what you get for your money:
a small drawstring carry bag (big enough to fit an ipod nano plus 'phones)
three sets of silicone earbuds to fit different ear sizes
A totally inadequate set of instructions on a small sheet of paper - no more than a few paragrpahs.
No info regarding the guarantee (it is 1 year i think). No care instructions.
having had a pair of Jays earphones previously (which came with 2 - year guarantee, lots of different earbuds including foam ones, filters, cable splitters for use on planes and a better carry case, i regard the package as fairly miserly
The cable is a braided fabric (or possibly kevlar) one and is easy to untangle. Mediadevil's claims that it is "anti-tangle" are wishful thinking however.
The cable is too long for many situations (1.2 m) and leaves a lot of excess flapping around when on the move. this creates some noise from cable rub though it is not too intrusive.
The built in control button will let you take phone calls and skip/fast forward tracks. It does not include volume control which is a shame.
I got a good fit with the earbuds provided but it's not guaranteed for everybody - more sizes shoudl be supplied in my opinion. Noise isolation is very good with the correct fit.
In a word - fantastic.
The wood and metal finish is really classy, seems durable and every set should be unique.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutely brilliant a little bass heavy but that is the sort of profile I enjoy within this price range I am yet to find a product close to these and they look a million bucks tooPublished 11 days ago by Kaz_Rover
Sound quality is spot on with these considering how inexpensive they are. They have consistently performed well connected to my computer and to my mobile phone when playing back... Read morePublished 26 days ago by TwistedSanity666
So, is pointless to write about the quality of this earphones....Absolutely great, especially for the price.
What's bad? They don't last. Read more
Had a pair bought for me over a year ago now. They offered a great listening experience, really decent bass and a wide frequency range in general. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Customer
Mine broke after 3 months, but I'm still giving it a nice review because I like to believe that I had a faulty pair. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Vincci
Excellent earphones. Have paid much more for less sound quality. Very impressed.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great to look at but absolutely cheap - one earphone is not working after 5 months of use.Published 2 months ago by Thanos
Incredible sound quality for the price. One headphone stopped working after 8 months, was sent a replacement within 2 days - very helpful customer service.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer