Medela Pump In Style Advanced Double Electric Breastpump
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Mains or battery operated--product supplied with UK plug and English instructions only
- Medela Pump In Style Advance Breastpump features proven 2-phase expression technology for more milk in less time
- Designed to allow double or single pumping
- Pump combined with rucksuck is ideal for mums on the go
- Requires 10AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Medela Pump In Style Advanced Double Electric Breastpump gives you and your baby optimal support during the breastfeeding period. It uses research-based breastpump technology to mimic a baby's natural nursing rhythm. This system is also proven to achieve faster milk ejection and faster milk flow. The unique combination of a rapid stimulation and slower expression makes pumping especially gentle, comfortable and efficient. The attractive breastpump in its backpack is especially suitable for the active, working mother who wants to continue breastfeeding her baby for as long as possible. The set includes a manual basic breastpump for expression on the go. Choose the correct PersonalFit Breastshield to support your breastfeeding.
The battery pack uses 10 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries. Each set of batteries will provide approximately two hours of pumping time. It is recommended that batteries be replaced or recharged between the 10th and 12th pumping session.
All Medela products that come into direct contact with breastmilk are, and always have been, made from BPA-free plastic. As an industry leader in breastpumping and breastfeeding, Medela is committed to always doing what is best for mothers and babies. Breastmilk is best for the baby and the baby’s natural sucking rhythm is best for the mother. In intensive pioneering work, Medela has converted the baby's intuitive knowledge into technological know-how. The result is 2-Phase Expression, the standard for unsurpassed naturalness, comfort and efficiency in breastpumps.
This is a single user product. Use by more than one person may present a health risk and voids the warranty.
Top customer reviews
- Works well - quick and comfortable (in under 20 mins I can get set up, express 2 full bottles and clear up again including washing up the non-bottle parts)
- Neat and well thought through - inconspicuous and easy to carry around
- The coolpack is worth having so you don't need to milk things in the fridge or remember to take it home with you (I express twice in the working day - 4 bottles, 1 cool box)
- The kit is easy to assemble and to use
- Flexible - battery and manual pump options as well as mains electric
- Basically, does everything I want of it so I would recommend it!
Disadvantages / niggles
- You need three hands to hold the bottles and turn it on/off or adjust the suction (alternatively buy an easy expression bra or use the hairbobble trick)
- Buy extra bottles and teats to avoid decanting and washing up the bottles every night
- Have to run the pump 2-3 mins after each use to clear condensation in the tubes
- Heavy when you've got 600ml to carry 600g as well as the pump, freezer pack etc
- Not super quiet (but I haven't compared it to any other electric pump and I don't think you can't hear it from outside a room with closed doors!)
- Not yet sure how durable the non-bottle parts are (breast attachments, membranes, tubes etc) - may need replacing after 6 months but I've not used it that long yet.
- Stupid name - there is NOTHING stylish about expressing.
1-No leakage to the tubing or engines as some people experience with other models
2-Around 75-100 ml/10 minutes (considering you give a gap of 3 hours between expressings or feedings)
3-fits well in philips avent sterilisers (both microwave and electric ones)
4-BPA free all over.
5-Easy to clean.
6-A complete pack from ice pack to insulated storage bag and built in carry bag.
7-Works on both mains or battery (needs 10 AA- never used)
8-One mode for stimulation and another for expression
9-Each mode has a range of suction strength settings
10-Fits all standart neck baby feeding bottles
Tips:(check for the best price deal on internet)
After pumping for the last month at work with my old pump with limited efficiency and now a failing motor, the In Style is a huge upgrade for me. Much more efficient! I am able to pump great amounts in a shorter period of time which is a plus as I am a school teacher and need to pump quickly in between my classes. The entire backpack loaded up with the pump, bottles, cooler, etc. is much heavier than I thought it would be, but certainly not unmanageable. The cooler with the ice pack is wonderful and allows me to pump and keep the milk cool without running to the fridge all day long. A great plus when you are squeezing pumping sessions into an already hectic day!
Overall, a great purchase and I would highly recommend this to anyone!
My baby wouldnt BF from Day 1 and I struggled to keep my supply up with pumping only. The Avent manual pumps were useless. The single pump (Swing) from Medela was time consuming (between pumping, washing, sterilizing and taking care of a newborn). I was at the end of my wits when I discovered this product. It saved my life. My baby eventualy started to BF. But, she is a fussy feeder and I still use this pump to express and store. It is quick and efficient. I especially like the initial 2-minute stiumation part.
The only two complaints are 1) Your hands are not free to adjust when you have to hold the bottles. But, once you get a hang of your settings and what works for you, its not that big a deal. Just takes some getting used to. 2) Sometimes, when I really need to express only one breast, there is an option to seal off the other suction vent that is not being used. But, this doesn't work properly. I have to seal the vent to make sure the one in operation works properly (difficult to explain via email). I have not had the time to call Medela about this.
Most recent customer reviews