Medallions (Jewish Lives) Paperback – 28 Feb 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"[A] powerful and important work." --"Jewish Book World"
About the Author
A novelist, dramatist, short-story writer, and essayist, Zofia Nalkowska (1884-1954) was a leading proponent of the avant-garde of her day. A resident of Warsaw, she was an active member of the Polish PEN Club, the first female member of the Polish Academy of Literature, and the patron of a popular Warsaw literary salon. Her life in occupied Warsaw during World War II is the subject of her"Wartime Diaries"and"Medallions." Diana Kuprel has a doctorate in comparative literature from the University of Toronto. She is a postdoctoral fellow for the Literary History Project, University of Toronto, and editor in chief of"Books in Canada: The Canadian Review of Books.""
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is a short collection of 8 stories, but may not be widely known in the UK, because it was written in the Communist period. It is a startling blend of succint reportage and moral story telling. I hope, in this small way, I extend its readership.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > History > Europe > Holocaust
- Books > History > Military History > War Crimes
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Countries
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Jewish Studies