- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Limited Edition (PS3)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Unknown
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Pre-Order the Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition to get access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4 Beta.
Written by U.S. Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas and inspired by real world events, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers an up close and personal look at today’s battlefield and the fight against the ongoing global terror threat.
Medal of Honor Warfighter puts players in the boots of today’s most highly trained and skilled warriors to experience missions that have a dotted line to real world terrorist threats. This is Tier 1 on a global scale, featuring real world hotspots in the single-player campaign and introducing international Tier 1 Operators in multiplayer. This move puts gamers in the boots of Tier 1 Operators from 10 different nations around the world. Gamers can represent their nation’s Special Operations Forces on the multiplayer battlefield where the world’s best-of-the-best warriors go head-to-head in online competition.
- Authentic Action - From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s stronghold in Basilan, Philippines to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, gamers step into the boots of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down the global threat of PETN. Written by U.S. Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas, Medal of Honor Warfighter has a dotted line to real world events and provides players a view into these situations and lets them experience the action as it might have unfolded.
- Best in Class Engine - Leveraging the power of tomorrow’s technology on today’s platforms, the ground-breaking Frostbite 2 engine delivers incredible video and audio fidelity to enhance the intensity of the battle and deliver this year’s most authentic war experience.
- National Pride Online with Global Warfighters - Allied military forces also possess their own elite Special Operations units with similar capabilities. With Medal of Honor Warfighter, gamers experience unprecedented variety featuring multinational Tier 1 Operators on a global battlefield. For the first time, the Medal of Honor brand introduces a new mode where these global warfighters go head-to-head in online competition. Showcasing 12 different Tier 1 units from 10 nations including the British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK, Canadian JTF2 and Polish GROM, Medal of Honor Warfighter lets the best of the best warriors from around the world battle it out online.
- Fight Today’s Global Terror Threat - As with every Medal of Honor game, the soldier’s story is at the heart of the experience. Medal of Honor Warfighter tells the story of U.S. Tier 1 Operator, “Preacher” as he returns home from overseas only to find his family torn apart from years of deployment. Trying to pick up the pieces to salvage what remains of his marriage, Preacher is reminded of what he’s fighting for - family. But when an extremely deadly explosive (PETN) penetrates civilian borders and his two worlds collide, Preacher and his fellow teammates are sent in to solve the problem. They take the fight to the enemy and do whatever it takes to protect their loved ones from harm.
Top Customer Reviews
I purposely put off this review until after I had played the latest in what is arguably the biggest FPS franchise right now, in the Call Of Duty Franchise, Black Ops 2. Activisions latest installment is a great game. I have added a review over there if you so wish to read it. I wanted to see if the pro reviewers were right, in that MOH is just a COD and Battlefield hybrid that delivers the thrills of neither of them. Were they right? Well no, no they weren't, not in the slightest.
The truth be told, yes MOH is more paced at Battlefields levels. If you go Rambo style like you do on COD, you'll be mowed down in a blaze anything but glorified. COD is more fast paced, and it certainly is more of an Arcade game to this. More so, MOH may use the same engine as Battlefield 3 (it's not quite as pretty, but stay with me) but that's all it does do. You see, Warfighter isn't a hybrid of it's two main rivals, it is it's OWN game. Nearly every reviewer has attempted to compare it to these franchises and in turn, panned it. INJUSTIFIABLY!
The fact is MOH Warfighter is it's own game. It doesnt try to be any of the other games, it was only other people thinking it should be like them that really lowered it's review score.Read more ›
So, what of Warfighter? Well, the same characters are back but Danger Close has spread the plot a bit more thinly this time. Whilst, apparently, based on real operations, the round the world tour of this campaign just feels less realistic and a little too close to CoD's nonsense campaigns of the past 3 instalments.Read more ›
The online game is clunky and poor quality when compared to the last one, and if you've played bf3 you'll wonder how it got passed beta testing.
The campaign is the best part by far, but even that's a pale comparison to the last one.
The graphics are pretty, but it feels like everything else is an after thought, and the amount of cut scenes is a complete waste of time.
As another review said 'if this wasn't a present...'
The "story" is weak and having met most of the main characters in MOH, I found I still didn't care about any of them! The gameplay is AWFUL, glitch ridden (floating weapons,doors you can walk through etc,etc) and most of the weapons are samey when firing. The numerous cut scenes are boring at best and add little, if anything, to the campaign and at times detract from the overall gameplay. I must admit I was doubtful before ordering this, having bought MOH and being disappointed. and my doubts have now been confirmed. Until EA re-write the entire concept behind the MOH "series", I will not be purchasing any game bearing "Medal of Honor: Whatever" as a title.
Conclusion:- Based on the campaign, I cannot honestly recommend this game to anyone and is nowhere near good enough to be an addition to anyones game collection.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was fun for a while but the play base declined rapidly and the game died out.Published 7 months ago by Dan
Arrived in good condition my dad's happy he likes older games so good buy.Published 8 months ago by Scott Hughes
I cannot believe this game is so under rated !! It is a great tactical FPS designed with the help of Tier 1 operators !! Read morePublished 16 months ago by coached88
loved it so much felt better than cod
as always sticks to realism