- Hardcover: 960 pages
- Publisher: Cengage Learning; 6th Revised edition edition (1 Jan. 1980)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0534417930
- ISBN-13: 978-0534417932
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 3.8 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
978,276 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #533 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Materials Science
- #1344 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- #2148 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
Mechanics of Materials Hardcover – 1 Jan 1980
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The main topics of this text are the analysis and design of structural members subjected to tension, compression, torsion, bending and more.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Timoshenko's classic "Strength of Materials" covers most topics that are relevant to an engineer; however it comes with a "bag of tricks" and is difficult to follow. Gere's book takes a step back by eliminating certain advanced topics, and methodically explains the principles and techniques of mechanics.