Mechanical Design Paperback – 30 Dec 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Comments on textbook questionnaires from previous edition:
'Good general text for Mechanical Engineering Design courses. In depth look at gears, shafts, bearings, etc. '
'Excellent for detailed design studies.'
'An excellent txt to help students design specific components for a particular design application. This book is an excellent source of procedural and theoretical information. Highly recommended.'
About the Author
Peter Childs is Professorial Lead of Engineering Design at Imperial College London, and was previously director of the Rolls-Royce supported University Technology Centre for Aero-Thermal Systems and a professor at the University of Sussex. He has spent the last 20 years actively involved in industrial research and development, with projects including work for Ford, Rolls-Royce plc, Siemens, Alstom, DaimlerChrysler and Volvo. He is a fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and in 1999 was the winner of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers International Gas Turbine Institute John P Davies award for exceptional contribution to the literature of gas turbine technology.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Being a Mechanical Engineering undergraduate at one of the best universities in the world, this book has helped me to great lengths. Throughout several design projects that I have encountered during my course of study, Mechanical Design by Peter Childs has been an exemplary reference containing all the solutions pertaining to design and engineering. I have used the book extensively for Design Process, Product Design Specification, Product Innovation, Bearing Analysis & Selection, Shaft Analysis and Analysis & Selection for Gear, Belt and Chain drive mechanisms.
From Conceptual Design to Detailed Design, Peter Childs has covered it all. Mechanical Design shows engineering analysis being applied in the simplest of contexts, which clarifies the analysis methodology and presents simplified procedures for conducting complex analyses.
I believe Mechanical Design should be made an essential pre-requisite and a highly recommended reference text for any mechanical design engineering course anywhere in the world.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Industrial Design
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Automotive > Automotive Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Industrial Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Engines & Power Transmission
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Engineering Skills & Design
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering