on 8 November 2016
very good . i have a larger Meaco for the house , but i have just converted an out building for regular use , it suffered from condensation terribly , being quite well sealed and used only occasionally lead to damage and mould - the meaco is really good , took the moisture out in a day and with the humidity function its only running when it needs to be ( so not breaking the bank ) the first week or so it was filling the tank daily and then every couple of days , now its been 2 weeks + ,
issues - the tank is quite small , couple of litres ? so you would be always emptying it in a busy house , or a large house , my recommendation - if you have a flat , garage , caravan , enclosed rarely used space , buy this one - if its a house , buy the bigger one , or plumb this one in to the drain hose
on 1 November 2016
Well, works well. Things that surprised me, although they should not really:
1. It says 10L, however it has nothing to do with size of water bucket. I doubt it keeps 10L of water. Maybe 2 or 3l max. I guess 10L is internal part responsible for extraction of water.
2. It's not really quiet. I went for cheaper and smaller version, and I knew I will not be able to adjust fan settings, etc. Overall I would say it's quiet, but sometimes it enters some kind of resonance, and fans (or something) start to be pretty loud. Maybe device was damaged during transport, or it simply works like that. Anyway, it still works more quiet than a cheaper device I had in the past. :) I notice that angle at which it stays help with noise.
3. It's really small. I expected it to be slightly higher and bulkier. I consider it pretty small, compact, and rather light. I'm pretty happy with size.
4. It works better than expected. I was amazed that so small device can be so efficient.
Overall I would recommend it. I would possibly go for bigger brother with more settings, as this one doesn't allow me to control humidity well. It has 3 settings only 40, 60 and 80% humidity. What if I want 65, or 70?
on 18 March 2017
After trying a number of things, including wiping the windows and putting in extra ventilation, a friend recommended this. Very impressed about the amount of water it collects and has solve our condensation issues on our windows. Having run it on its highest setting for 3 weeks solid, we now run it on the medium setting and it kicks in and out as required. Would recommend to anyone thinking of getting a dehumidifier for the first time.
on 3 July 2017
Amazing little dehumidifier! Does exactly what it's meant to do, but quietly and efficiently. Easy to clean, different settings mean it can either dry washing or just come on when the humidity reaches a certain point. Can fully recommend this, money well spent.
on 17 December 2015
I've wanted to try out a dehumidifier for years. If your indoor air is dry, I assumed the dwelling would also be a lot warmer, even in the winter/spring seasons. Well, that's been proved correct. Had this little Meaco running for a good couple of hours since first installation. I'm watching a film; have had my condenser clothes dryer on; the Meaco is still running and I am able, already, to turn my heating therm down a couple of degrees!

Dunno how much electric it'll chomp up in a week. Don't think the dehumidifier will ever switch off, as I have two bedroom floors which are not sealed. They are a type of chipboard on a chippie raft and it's dirt underneath, so will have to see how the machine copes. First impressions with the Meaco - very good. Mind you, it's December 2015 and still looking unlikely that we'll ever get a winter! I haven't even had a proper frost yet :D
on 12 November 2015
Excellent product. Had no idea we had so much moisture in our 3 bed Victorian house (former 2 bed with a loft conversion). Bought it because we had condensation in a large storage cupboard but can see it'll be useful for the whole house (used in the centre of the house with all the doors open as recommended). Luckily the water tank is easy to empty as it's not too big and heavy. Like that I can leave it on in the upstairs landing before going to work knowing that it won't overflow while we're out as it shuts off automatically once the tank is full. It's compact so isn't too heavy or bulky to move around (useful for me as I'm a 5'4'' weakling)! The noise level is the same as a fridge so not too loud for daytime, though we do switch it off at night.
on 2 January 2018
does great job. compact and looking nice, easy controls. collects surprisingly large amounts of water (2 bedroom flat in 20 years old build house with usual in UK damp problems). bit too noisy to run night time, good during the day and evenings. two buttons, few lights, very basic and no unnecessary features, which is nice. overall very happy with the buy for the price.
on 4 December 2015
This was bought to replace a Honeywell unit which was broken after 4 months . So far , so good with this little unit. It's fairly quite , although rattles can be heard from the dust filter sometimes .A small strip of sellotape on the cover helped here. I have a separate humidity meter which tells me that the machine works well . We have a medium sized semi detached house , and placed in the hall , it's good enough to keep the humidity down to acceptable levels , and get it there within a couple of hours , if the temperature of the house is above 16 degrees . It's not too heavy to carry , when empty and there is a setting to dry damp washing , if used in a small room , On the whole , I'm pleased with this , and can recommend. Do your homework on how to minimise moisture in your house though and remove by ventilation too . also , Also , like others say , it's much easier to warm your house and keep it that way , if the are inside is drier.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on 23 February 2017
It worked for a year, and then stopped. I am not pleased. I have kept the filter clean, and looked after it properly, so I really don't know why it has failed so soon. The motor runs, but no water is extracted. You can't tell me that my cellar has suddenly become dry after years of dampness.
on 17 January 2018
I would reccomend this small dehumidifier, it dried out my two bedroom house effeciently. And continues daily to keep the moisture away . The mold has not returned since switching it on. The recommended position is in th hall way at the top of the stairs leaving all doors open. When we shower or bath we take it in with us to stop the walls from running. It clears the steam in no time. Its easy to empty , has a shut off valve when full or a hose can be attached for automatic drainage if needed. It isnt too noisy as loud as perhaps the central heating boiler when running.