on 6 March 2014
Georgie Hart is a very happy girl. Having bagged herself the hottest man in Mulberry-on-Sea, Mr Tom Carrington, she feels like the luckiest girl in the world. But leaving Tom behind in Italy on business after their romantic rendezvous might be harder than Georgie realises. When her customers come in gossiping about Tom and his Italian adventures, Georgie becomes more than a bit worried. Has Georgie overstepped the mark and presumed too much about her and Tom's relationship? Will all be well when Tom returns home?

Me and Mr Carrington was a welcome treat from Alexandra Brown. It was the perfect way to break up the time between Cupcakes at Carrington's and Christmas at Carrington's. This short story was a fun and easy read with some fantastic returning characters. Georgie is a relatable main character and for that reason this story has extra charm that you don't find in all books. Even though Me and Mr Carrington was a short story I didn't feel like anything was missing. It was a perfectly contained story all by itself.

This book is great for a catch up with Georgie and the gang. Eddie is funny and quick with his remarks and Sam is there to support Georgie whatever happens. I also really loved one of Carrington's customers, the Countess. She was hilarious without even meaning to be! I will definitely be recommending this book to all fans of the Carrington's series.
One person found this helpful
on 25 October 2016
This book I bought after reading the first one cupcakes at Carringtons. As I had enjoyed it to a certain degree
I bought this to follow on. However it didn't really do it for me and when I was about 10 pages left to read I gave up.
I figured that even though I'd read almost of it I didn't really need or want to know the end and I wanted to move on to another book entirely. I don't like slaying authors work its not a bad book its quite funny in places and georgie is very cute and believable I also like the other characters especially Eddie but its just not my sort of book.
on 10 October 2013
I loved Cupcakes at Carrington's and it was lovely to go back to Mulberry-on-sea for a snippet of the latest goings on.

We resume not long after we left off with Georgie back at Carrington's after attending best friend, Sam's wedding in Italy, with gorgeous (and super rich) Tom Carrington on her arm.

Georgie is missing Tom, who stayed in Italy to deal with some family business, and is left wondering where exactly their relationship stands, if there is a relationship at all.
Her friends, the fabulous staff at Carrington's are on hand to help her out, some of them with more than one ear out for gossip.

There is a taster of Christmas at Carrington's after the short story has ended which leave appetites whetted for more!
3 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 2 March 2014
When you don't have time to become absorbed into the latest offering in a series of books, a short story sometimes just fills in the gap until you have the time to read a full length novel or the next instalment comes out.

This is exactly what Me and Mr Carrington is, it's a bridge between two full length novels about Carrington's department store set in Mulberry on Sea. Georgie is on cloud nine about her relationship with Tom, it all seems to be going well and even a romantic trip to Italy seems to have strengthened their new relationship.

However, back in the real world of the department store and luxury handbags, Georgie is struggling to cope with the fact that she is in love. When a customer happens to drop Tom's name into conversation, suddenly Georgie thinks she may have got it all wrong. Has she?

Alexandra Brown has captured the love of a group of a group of characters all featured around one setting (department store) and encapsulated it in this series of books. I looking forward to reading the next full length novel and finding out more about the world of luxury handbags at Carringtons.
on 12 October 2013
In this novella the story picks up shortly after we last met them, it's Georgie's first day back at work after attending best friend Sam's wedding in Italy where she was surprised by the attendance of the gorgeous Tom Carrington. After a fantastic night with Tom she's now wondering what the future holds for them especially as she now knows his true connection to Carrington's.

As this is a short story I can't really review it without giving anything away so I'm not actually going to tell you any more about the story so you'll have to read it for yourself. But what I will say is it is a delightful read with some interesting characters and a misunderstanding that causes Georgie to question everything about her relationship with Tom.

Once again Alexandra Brown's descriptive writing takes us back to the shop floor and it's easy to picture it as if you are there in person. I'd love to be browsing the store although I'll never in a million years be able to buy any of the designer handbags that she beautifully describes...

I loved Cupcakes at Carrington's when I read it earlier this year so it was great to catch up with the delightful Georgie and Co. ahead of Christmas at Carrington's which is due out next month. And as an additional bonus there's a sneak peek for Christmas at Carrington's to whet your appetite.
on 11 June 2014
Me and Mr Carrington was a cute read, great for catching up with all the characters in the main book and to see how life had moved on for those lots in Mulberry-On-Sea. In the first chapter Georgie briefly goes over in her thoughts what happened towards the end of Cupcakes at Carrington’s, taking us back to Italy. I thought was helpful just to recap. To me the story felt like popping back into the store, to have a look around and say hi to everyone. Again, here’s another novella but this time by Alex I had to get my hands on. The first book was a delight and endearing and looked forward to this installment. I know it’s just a short but, would have liked more. That’s my only criticism. When the story ended I was really getting into it. Look forward to more from Alex in future.
on 29 October 2013
I adore novella's/Short story's. I love how fast, smooth and packed full of everything they are. In my personal opinion it takes a damn good writer to be able to get that balance spot on and have you not wanting it to finish. When a short story comes out that's a prequel to another book and is also a little extra from a previous book that I loved then as you can only imagine I am more than excited to get stuck in.

Me and Mr Carrington is of course jam packed with everything you would expect from a Carrington book. Drama, Drama, Drama! It gives us Carrington fans a little update on Georgie and Tom's relationship since Cupcakes at Carrington's and also has little updates on the adorable Sam and the fabulous Eddie. I enjoyed it immensely and as soon as I finished it I wanted my copy of Christmas at Carrington' straight away.
on 18 October 2013
I found out about this short story just as I finished reading Cupcakes at Carrington’s and just had to preorder it to get my next fix!

I was not disappointed! This is another fantastic read and we get to meet some of our favourite characters again. We also get to meet Georgie’s new assistant on the Luxury Handbag section and a few new rich customers.

Tom doesn’t make an appearance until quite late in the book and my heart was in my mouth for a good chunk of the story wondering what would happen next!

This book is a lovely little appetiser before Christmas at Carrington’s is published, and contains an excerpt of it at the end. The only problem is I want to read it NOW!!
One person found this helpful
on 26 January 2014
Me & Mr Carrington is a wonderful refresher for fans of Cupcakes at Carrington's and a warm up to the next instalment, Christmas at Carrington's..!

I love a short story and this one didn't disappoint! Such good fun to be back in Carrington's Department Store with Georgie & friends & all their goings on since we left them in Cupcakes!

I have yet to read Christmas at Carrington's but this tasty treat makes me keen for more department store shenanigans!

Alexandra Brown is a gifted writer with a keen wit and I look forward to reading more from her, Carrington's gossip or otherwise!
The Carrington's series are a fantastic trio of books that you really must read for yourself!
on 8 February 2014
I adored the first book and this was promising but it was very, very short. Only 40 pages for 99p ok so it was cheap but generally I would have expected this to be a free bonus at the end of a novel.

Just when the story starts to begin it ends, although it introduces some great new characters, sadly they are so far (I am up to chapter 4) of the new book ignored.

It is just sad when you get to 60% of the book for the story to be over.