on 22 April 2013
This book is simply beautiful. My children love it. We've shared it regularly for several years, my eldest is now 8 (a boy) and he still loves it. The children all know it by heart and if we've had a challenging day, its said together at bedtime to emphasise how much we love them ... despite the challenging behaviour! They frequently ask for this book and will read it themselves. They also read it to teddy bears, dolls etc. Our kids are adopted and this has been the best book for them to explore the idea of unconditional love, having not always known that previously. We don't like the phrase 'sometimes you're bad' because we don't think children are 'bad' just exhibit bad behaviour at times, but that is truly the only thing we'd change, and we often say something along those lines as we read it. Sometimes we substitute 'you' for the child's name, or even 'mummy' or 'daddy' which always gets a laugh. This book is amazing. Every home should have one. I'm just buying a replacement for the rather dog-eared copy we have, I'm sure it will be loved for years to come, by us all.
7 people found this helpful
on 26 October 2016
Received this book very quickly. It is a children's board book but I found the illustrations to be very pleasing to look at. Book has a lovely message that no matter how big the world is baby is loved. Liked the short sentences that keep my 15 month old interested and she loved the colours and the illustrations. A lovely book.
One person found this helpful
on 28 July 2017
I have several Emma Dodd books in hardback and paperback and ordered these for a friend's little boy's birthday. They are lovely books but not as good as the non-cardboard books. Forever, Love and Together are better books overall but these are great for letting baby look at independently with no worry that they will tear (and eat) pages!
on 3 May 2017
Good little book although starts a bit sad for me slightly repetitive but good for bedtimes
One person found this helpful
on 31 January 2016
I love this more than my daughter does but she does still ask for it occasionally. The story is so sweet, it's had me choking up several times when reading it.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2018
A great little book for my grandchildren . We went to see a puppet show of the book so it was ideal.
on 6 December 2015
Not only do the children love this book but so do I....makes me cry every time I read it to them! Lovely item to gift for a new addition to the family - I have bought a number of complies now for friends and family members
on 28 June 2015
Simple book with lovely illustrations. I love reading this to my two year old twins(though their attention span may not last till the end). I like the message of 'no matter how you are, I would still love you.' Would recommend!
on 3 May 2017
Sweet little book and great that lo can touch it simple working ideal for bedtime
on 24 October 2015
lovely little story - hoping it will bring my 5 month old daughter lots of joy over the coming years. have bought as a present for my best friend's newborn