on 1 February 2009
I purchased this roll after a back injury and to give more support while sitting in the car and now id never be without it.
It must be placed just above the waist for best support, i didnt realise how much i used to slouch until i got this.
Id recommend this to anyone with a dodgy back.
on 28 November 2009
I bought one of these a couple of years ago after a progressive bout of Sciatica and have never looked back. I now own 3, one for home, car and work as they fit virtually any chair and offer enough support to remind you to sit properly. You don't need to buy several though as they take seconds to fit.
on 4 March 2010
this was brought to the attention of my girlfriend whilst attending physio,after 4 weeks now having had a chance to use the cushion her overall impression is better posture sitting at her pc,which has lead to her shoulders being less sore and tired later in the evening.
on 7 September 2012
I suffer from lower back pain and both my chiropractor and PT recommended that I use these rolls for my car and for the chair at my desk. I have to say that this has helped tremendously. The strap helps the roll stay in place. I have had mine for over 5 months now and it still works fine. The one in my car has been there for over 3 months and is still in good shape as well.

Some reviewers have recommended using other objects, such as rolled up towels or sweats, in place of this lumbar roll. I have also used a towel, but I find that this roll stays in place much better and provides a uniform/consistent level of pressure along the roll. The downside is that after a few months of usage, the foam no longer feels as firm. It still works fine, but I can see that maybe another year down the road, I may need a replacement to give me the firmness that is helpful.

I also have a blow-up version that I use on planes. That is also very helpful and makes medium to long flights (3+ hours) much more comfortable.
on 19 July 2011
Use this in the car - it does assist correct posture - probably could achieve the same effect with a rolled up towel but overall fair value.
on 6 November 2012
The McKenzie Original Lumbar Roll has been extremely useful in supporting my back. It does actually do exactly what it says on the "tin". Would purchase again. It works both in the house and in the car.
on 5 December 2012
This was recommended to me by my doctor. It works very well for me and has made my back problem a lot better.
I would recommend it to anybody with a lower back problem
on 26 November 2010
I have neck pain issues and after reading the McKenzie books I realised how important it is to maintain a lordosis in your back and so have recently started to use one of these lumbar cushions; I found it hard to choose between the different varieties, thick/thin/d-shaped/super roll etc. etc, but eventually plumped for this one;

I find this is most suited to furniture that has a soft cushiony back like a sofa, it feels a bit too thick for me on a car seat but that might change if it softens over time. I might try a different variety to use on an upright chair but for a bit of foam and fabric plus p&p they are a touch expensive, I feel these should be around £10 for what they are.
on 23 November 2012
I use this at work on an office chair and in the car, i am very pleased with this, its easy to move around, the strap is useful on the office chair as it stops it from falling off, it is helping me sit correctly
on 24 July 2014
Bought under the recommendation of a physio when i was suffering from a pro-lapsed disc in my back. At the time i drove a Renault Clio and the seat shape caused this to move a lot. I didnt find it particulary helpful and replaced with a cheaper option from a local office shop!