- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
McGuigan Black Label Red, 75 cl (Case of 6)
|Price:||£34.49 (£5.75 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£10.17 (23%)|
- Delightful aromas of cherry and blackberry fruitsmatched with a hint of spice.
- The first thing you notice about this wine is thelovely berry and spice aromas. Following this isthe wonderful flavours of spicy plum, cherry andblackberry that flow through the mouth, resultingin an approachable fruit driven wine with asmooth and mouth filling finish. It is nicelybalanced with great fruit characters and apersistence of flavour.
- Our famous Black Label Red is a very versatile wine that is especially rewarding with tomato based Italian, spicy Asian food and pizza.
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to repeat deliveries on 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. No signup fees. Skip or cancel any time, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Buy mcguigan the black label Red case of 6 bottles. £ 6.95 per bottle. Tasting notes: The first thing you notice about this wine is the lovely berry and spice aromas coupled with the wonderful flavours of spicy plum, cherry and blackberry. This results in an approachable fruit driven wine with great fruit characters and a persistence of flavour. Delightful aromas of cherry and blackberry fruits matched with a hint of spice.
From the manufacturer
Since the 1860’s the McGuigan family has lived and worked in the vineyards of the Hunter Valley. Three generations of the family have made wine their lives and their spirit and commitment towards modern Australian winemaking continues today.
Neil McGuigan, our Chief Winemaker and CEO, is the driving force behind the company and is passionate about delivering innovative, quality Australian wine to people around the world. The combination of innovation and heritage are fundamental to our direction, but Neil’s philosophy is very simple: ‘The wine is the hero’.
This commitment to quality has been recognised in recent years by Neil receiving International Winemaker awards from both the IWC and IWSC. In total, 6 times in the last 5 years. An unique achievement.
Today McGuigan Wines aims to produce the best possible wines at the best possible value, just as the previous generations of the McGuigan family have done before us. Today McGuigan Wines aims to produce the best possible wines at the best possible value, just as the previous generations of the McGuigan family have done before us
Rich and flavoursome red wines have been an Australian favourite for many years. This classic red wine is no exception and was blended to achieve exactly this. The McGuigan Black Label Red is a very consistent wine which has made it an all time favourite and one of the top selling branded red wines in Australia The fruit for this wine is sourced from our vineyards in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales. Fermentation was conducted in stainless steel using a selected yeast strain over a seven-day period. Post-fermentation, the wine was matured and blended allowing the winemaker to create this smooth, approachable fruit-dominant wine.
- Region: South Eastern Australia
- Colour: Plum with brick red hues
- Aroma: Delightful aromas of cherry and blackberry fruits matched with a hint of spice.
- Palate: The first thing you notice about this wine is the lovely berry and spice aromas. Following this is the wonderful flavours of spicy plum, cherry and blackberry that flow through the mouth, resulting in an approachable fruit driven wine with a smooth and mouth filling finish. It is nicely balanced with great fruit characters and a persistence of flavour.
- Food: Our famous Black Label Red is a very versatile wine that is especially rewarding with tomato based Italian, spicy Asian food and pizza.
- Tech : Alc 13%
McGuigan Black Label Reserve Shiraz
This Shiraz has wonderful complexity, with vibrant red berry aromas, accented by a hint of toasty oak. Gentle ageing complements the fruit flavours adding subtle spice and great length. A perfect partner to spiced Moroccan lamb.
Black Label Reserve Shiraz
The Shortlist GSM
Shortlist Cabernet Sauvignon
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As far as food goes, this wine is very versatile: as well as accompanying dark meats, it is also most acceptable with pasta and might even match fish such as cod, especially with the traditional chips.
I'd not bought wine from Amazon before but have drunk many bottles of McGuigan over the years. The reviews were good so I thought I'd try this one.
It is not like any red wine I've ever tasted. Very much on the sweet side with an odd feeling on the pallet. A friend however enjoyed it.
There is no accounting for taste.
Most recent customer reviews