- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 2 edition (10 Oct. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 007145764X
- ISBN-13: 978-0071457644
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 1 x 22.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 41,310 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
McGraw-Hill's Proofreading Handbook Paperback – 10 Oct 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book provides expert advice to perfect your proofreading skills. "McGraw-Hill's Proofreading Handbook" helps ensure that your documents are letter-perfect, every time. Veteran editor and proofreader Laura Anderson arms you with all the tools of the proofreader's trade and walks you step-by-step through the entire proofreading process.
From the Back Cover
The ideal desk companion for everyday writers, aspiring copyeditors, professional proofreaders, and veteran perfectionists alike
From term papers and annual reports to books and online articles, important documents only look professional if they are free of errors. And whether you're a student, a businessperson, or a professional proofreader, it's your job to make sure that every piece of writing that crosses your desk is clear, concise, and correct. Now you can avoid embarrassing mistakes and hone your critical skills with McGraw-Hill's Proofreading Handbook, the most up-to-date and authoritative guide to ensuring your documents are error free.
Completely updated to include the latest information on Web-based material, this second edition makes proofreading easy for beginners and nonprofessionals, while providing a complete compendium of helpful resources that accomplished proofreaders will return to again and again.
Step-by-step instructions take you through the entire proofreading process, showing you how to:
- Read for accuracy and train your eyes to hunt for errors
- Create a style sheet to help you stay consistent
- Check facts thoroughly and efficiently
- Use good judgment when querying the author
- Master the art of making proofreader's marks
- Understand typesetters' language
This comprehensive guide also provides you with the tools of the trade, giving you valuable sample style sheets, proofreading checklists, a list of commonly misspelled words, and a chart of proofreading symbols--everything you need to dot your I's and cross your T's. You'll never send out a resume, submit a report, or hand in a proofread manuscript without first consulting this go-to guide.See all Product description
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book also contains many print illustrations / styles / designs including style template sheets and a useful glossary of terms at the end of the book. There is a large section on understanding the typesetter's language and useful appendices.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?