on 25 July 2014
This e-short may as well have just contained four words. 'Please buy my book.' It would've taken only slightly less time to read. I was hoping for more, but beggars can't be choosers.
on 14 October 2014
Not worth the free price.
on 11 August 2014
I am nearly finished reading this through and then I will go through it quickly again just looking at new things to me. It really does look as if it will do all I will ever need and have much more to spare.
on 30 January 2015
Waste of time and nonsensical. Her list of essential for the beginner is hilarious. Read it if you want to make yourself annoyed, bemused and amused all at the same time.
on 6 February 2015
to the point, excellent for beginners, saying that I have been sewing for 50 years and there are things listed as essential Ive never heard
of! lol I need to read her sewing books now to find out what they are.
on 26 February 2017
This would put an absolute beginner off sewing right away. The list of items you need to start with is absolutely enormous, I had to double check this was for beginners.

I started out with some a felt needlecase made when I was 10, some needles and a piece of dressmaker's chalk from a great aunt, a tape measure and a pair of large sharp scissors from my gran and a box of pins from my mom's sewing basket. I did buy a pair of pinking shears about ten years later. Funnily enough those were all I ever needed really.

Perhaps Ms Martin is encouraging us all to buy equipment and support manufacturers in these times of austerity.
on 19 January 2015
It's the introduction to a longer book, but not especially useful, even for a beginner. Mainly lists of equipment, with some sewing tips.
on 26 September 2014
This is very very basic, I would think its the sort of info given to 10 year olds at school on their first lesson
on 19 March 2015
Just reminds me of all that I had forgotten from my days of OL Needlework back in the late 1960's!
on 2 May 2015
Simple instructions and dressmaking sewing techniques. A good basic to refer to when sewing.