on 27 June 2014
I don't like jogging (it hurts my knees), and I'm not that sporty really, but I found that hitting an inanimate object (one that doesn't hit back) was both stress relieving and a good little cardio workout I could do at home. So, over the last few years I've owned a couple of different punch balls like this one. They were very similar, but what they had in common was the inflatable ball. Now, I don't know if I have the power of Mike Tyson hidden within my scrawny, and slightly feminine arms, but they would constantly deflate, and one even burst completely (a left hook did the trick). Also the pole upon which the ball is situated would constantly try to unscrew itself from the base...Alltogether unsatisfactory.

Then, one day, surfing through Amazon I came across the Maxstrength Punch Ball that I'm reviewing here, and seeing as it came with a solid ball which wouldn't deflate, and wasn't too expensive, I thought I'd give it a try.

Good decision! This by far the best punch ball speed thingy I've ever owned. The ball itself is SOLID, and takes a good old thwack (maybe not suitable for young kids who may hurt their hands...maybe), and the pole is firmy attached to the base with no signs of unscrewing itself. Just does the job perfectly.

Anyway, as my boxing skills have increased, I am losing weight, and am free of stress, I would say that this was one very healthy purchase that I am glad I made.
11 Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2017
NOT USED IT MUCH SO FAR. BUT IT IS FIT FOR KEEPING FIT!!
on 19 October 2017
was for work to help staff to destress
on 28 December 2014
My Grandson absolutely loved it...it was his Christmas present from me.. (he wants to get some muscles) he, his Dad and sister have all been "having a go" and thoroughly enjoying it. It is strong...even tho' only filled with water so far because he just HAD to try it out Christmas day.. but we're going to fill the base with sand, He's 12, he put it together himself, very easy (Dad just checked the tightness etc)
Excellent buy...so far...I DID buy 2 pairs of boxing gloves because I didn't know there was a pair with it.....I can't remember reading that there were either!
on 13 November 2014
Easy to put together, very sturdy base which I filled with sand.For me the couple of plus points made me purchase this product one was you dont need a air pump.the second was the gloves. Well designed all round fantastic product.
I would recommend this product.
on 7 June 2016
Im not the world's strongest man but I hit it and it went horizontal and the spring fell out of the base. Its not supposed to do that and I doubt I will ever get it back in and there is no way to secure it. Poor design in my personal opinion, designed to fail. It would not have been hard to include a metal strip to hold the spring in place before it slowly worked its way out.
on 28 January 2017
As other reviewers have mentioned, the spring at the base becomes dislodged very easily after a while. It can't be fixed. So I've spent 50 quid plus sand to fill the base for something that's spent more time in my house broken and unused than fit for purpose. Disgusting.
on 20 December 2016
This is poorly made, particularly the bracket that connects the spring to the base.
It cannot be repaired, I am sure spares are available but the seller would need to respond.
on 9 August 2017
Gloves were missing on receipt. After 20min of use the spring holding the pole to the base came out. It is just a push fit, I pushed it back in to the holder but it continues to come loose and fall out. Poor quality item not fit for purpose.
on 5 May 2017
I think it would be better mounted on a long board you stand on, old style. Awkward to fill with sand and didn't want to use water. Son ends up steadying it with his foot which is not ideal