Customer reviews

on 12 June 2017
I have purchased quite a few of these at Amazon.co.uk based on the name of the bars ("MaxiNutrition" NOT "MaxiMuscle"). Those bars were excellent. I received the new recipe (without my consent) and these bars are extremely displeasing (the flavor and texture) This product, along with its 7-10 GBP price increase is officially off my ordering list. I can and will find something that pleases locally. Sooo disappointed with this once great product.
on 31 August 2017
The bars come in a nice box, no damage and they are great for a snack when you are working out, I used them for a breakfast bar before hitting the gym. They provide a good mint flavour with dark chocolate that does not taste cheap but a quality product. I found they had no side effects with the large amounts of protein on my digestion but did give a nice boost of energy.

If you work odd shifts or night like I do then these are a good supplement instead of the sugary sweets and Redbull to keep you awake.
on 2 September 2015
I switched to these bars from Quest bars due to the lower cost (at the time of ordering) and have been happy with my choice.
They have a good ratio of protein to carbohydrates (23g and 18.8g respectively) though 10.9g of those carbs are sugar- roughly two and a half teaspoons of granulated sugar.
The front of the pack proudly touts its caffeine content as being 125mg per bar, which stacks up well against the average 100mg in a mug of instant coffee but wimps out against the muscular 140mg found in a mug of filter coffee. This is possibly not a bar for a bedtime snack.

These bars also contain hydrolysed collagen, rendering them unsuitable for vegetarians or vegans. On the subject of dietary suitability, they 'may also contain gluten, egg, peanuts and nuts' so please be aware of this should you have allergies for such foods.

Taste wise, I haven't found them as moreish as the Quest bars (possibly an advantage, really) but they are pleasant enough. They aren't as bitter as actual dark chocolate but likewise aren't sickly sweet and thankfully they lack the chalky taste that some other bars on the market have. As for texture, I find them soft, squishy and slightly chewy. I wouldn't eat them for fun but I have no problems with consuming them post workout or between meals for a solid protein boost.
on 5 February 2017
Ok, a couple issues here. First, why is this product is listed under "Creatine Nutritional Supplements" when it's a protein bar? In fact, out of the top 10 in this category, only 4 are actual creatine (2 of which are the same product), while 5 are protein, and one is a blender bottle. I had to do a manual search for Crusch just to order another bottle. The flavour is also nothing special, and I usually love chocolate mint. Not the greatest experience.
22 Comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2014
Great for on the go and for a quick snack. They are good at helping you look after your diet and has helped me with when trainning. Great flavours including chocolate and mint, and also the flavoursome dark chocolate taste is great in all three flavours.
UPDATE: the new recipe is not great and I'll be stopping my subscribe & save order for all flavours of Maximuscle bars, unless they bring back the original bar. I WILL NOT BE RECOMMEND THE NEW RECIPE BARS!
on 3 May 2017
Maxi nutrition have changed the recipe for this bar (They are no longer in the packaging shown). Previously the texture was almost like a mint flavoured nougat. It now has less protein and the same chalky texture and aftertaste of the majority of protein bars. I will not be ordering again.
on 20 September 2017
I liked it at first as it has a nice flavour but then didn't particularly enjoy chewing, after a few bites and ended up not finishing the whole pack.
on 8 August 2017
Good, good price but these made me nausious, might have just been me, I don't think I reacted well with the mint
on 27 April 2017
These bars are the nicest flavour, much better than the orange, you just need a glass of water to help it down. Does the trick, nice hit of protein when you need it most. Post or Pre exercise, it's very good.
on 3 March 2017
nice little snack when craving some chocolate, regular gym user so really helps me out, bit pricey for the amount in the box but hey ho