Max and the flock are back. While she continues to keep the flock safe, she also has to figure out how she is supposed to save the world. The evil plan is days away from unfolding. Half of the people in the world are going to be killed in order to give the worthy ones that remain a chance to thrive. The human race has done such a poor job of taking care of the planet that the Itex Corporation decided only the people with something to offer deserve the right to live in it.

Another problem the flock is dealing with is the creation of an updated version of Erasers. Now made of metal and covered with a layer of skin, learning how to take them out takes a little time - especially since these "Flyboys" come equipped with guns!

Relationships are strained within the flock in this latest installment of the MAXIMUM RIDE saga. Fang continues to update his blog and attempt to enlist children from around the world to become involved with the fight against Itex and all its subsidiaries. Max doesn't have faith that kids can help, which, of course, causes friction between them and ultimately leads to a split in the group.

The reader is tugged along on a roller coaster ride adventure with Max's constant sarcastic commentary to guide them. We see familiar faces as well as meet brand new players in this deadly game. Max manages to thwart disaster, reconcile the flock, and discover the identity of her parents. James Patterson does a nice job of tying up loose ends and leaves the story with a satisfying ending. If there isn't a fourth installment, fans will be happy with the way Max and the rest of the flock land on their feet.

Reviewed by: Karin Perry
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 December 2008
This is the third book in James Patterson's brilliant "Maximum Ride" series. :-)

Max and the rest of the flock continue their journey to save the world. This time they aren't fighting the Erasers, they have a new and stronger adversary called flyboys who are robots.

The scientists and the Director want Max and the flock killed as they aren't perfect and are causing too many problems. Fang has started an internet blog to get all the kids of the world to help save the world from the people in white coats who are hell-bent on destroying life as everyone knows it. Their journey leads them into a trap, but with the flock split will they survive the hell that's about to happen?

This novel captures you from the start; it's a fast moving adventure that keeps you turning the page. An enjoyable and compelling read, It's a book I will definitely read again and it's worth every penny. :-)

I'm looking forward to the fourth book in this series being published. :-)
on 1 March 2016
I have enjoyed the previous two books in this series, but this one has to be my favourite. Funny, full of adventure and kicking ass, there's plenty to love. Max's smart-aleck comments always amuse me.

The twists and turns throughout this book, though, they were something to take in. Although some of this is really cheesy, I realise the series is for kids, and I mean, it's obvious in the writing style and the language, but even so, I'm way older than the demographic, I'm sure, and I loved it.

Not sure about continuing the books, though, as I've heard questionable reviews. But as a trilogy, it works for me and I'd be happy to stop now.
on 21 May 2011
This series lives up to the inimitable talent of James Patterson to entertain and enthrall. I read all the books up to this one out loud to my grandson and every time I said "enough for now" he begged for more! I cannot wait to finish the rest of the story, after my grandson has finished them of course.

The authors never let up on the adventure, leading the reader into the world of these birdkids, flying along with them as they escape time after time from the bad guys who want to kill them.

This set will enjoy pride of place on my James Patterson shelves of books I will keep and re-read.
on 26 July 2011
In 'Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports' the character Maximum faces some of her hardest adventures to date all with the over-whelming pressure of having to the save the world from an unknown danger.

James Patterson has managed to churn out another instant success in the Young Adult genre, the short chapters and excellent prose make this book an easy, enjoyable light read.

Overall this book is a must have for fans of James Patterson and Young Adult novels alike, tailoring those more adult themes to suit an audience of any age.
on 2 August 2011
I was looking for another set of books for my teen son, and reviews on amazon suggested this series. As an adult devotee of J Patterson, I read the first book to ensure it was appropriate. My son has flown through the whole series now, and absolutely loves it.
The story lines are very teen friendly, with enough to grip them and keep them trurning the pages. I am so pleased that I followed the other reviews related to this series as they have been a great purchase.
on 12 January 2013
This book is highly offensive to british citezens. If British, I highly advise you that you leave this book alone. Not only making fun of our traditions, but it encludes alot of inappropriet language. As well as that, it includes alot of american words. Apart from that it is a brilliant book and i would reccommend to anyone but brits. Not James Pattersons best work...
on 26 March 2015
I have read this whole series in a week and loved them. I've laughed out loud and found myself wanting to know what is going to happen next with every one, I've found myself really hooked on this series very addictive. I love the characters they are amazing especially the dog total who I find is very funny
on 12 January 2014
Daughter has all of the books in this series and insisted on new one before she had finished the last, only bad comment (well not bad really) not long enough books! daughter has found a new author to intrigue and occupy her, would recommend for any teenager looking for something new
on 25 May 2015
I really enjoyed this sequel (I was suprised by how good it was). I think it was a really good follow up and I loved all the action. Although most of the fighting scenes were very similar, this is definitaley one of my favourites in the series.