Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Group 0+ Baby Car Seat (Total Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Suitable from birth to 13 kg (approx 12 months)
- Insalled using 3-point car seat belt or Maxi-Cosi car seat bases (EasyFix, EasyBase 2 or FamilyFix)
- Side Protection System offers optimal protection against side impact
- Fits Maxi-Cosi and Quinny pushchairs to form a travel system
- Comes with newborn support pillow, headhugger, integrated sun canopy and storage compartment
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The lightweight Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix infant carrier is suitable from birth to 13 kg (approx. 12 months) and only weighs 3.6 kg, making it one of the lightest infant carriers. Enhanced comfort is provided by extra padding and a seat reducer for newborns, while the side protection system optimises overall safety.
This Group 0+ car seat offers easy installation with Maxi-Cosi’s range of click-and-go base units and can also be installed using the car’s three-point seat belt. When used in conjunction with Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Base, light and sound indicators confirm correct installation and offers an additional upright position for CabrioFix, allowing older babies to have more leg room. Therefore, you can use the seat for longer in the rearward facing position, which is the most preferable and safe way for younger children to travel.
Group 0+ Car Seat
The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is a Group 0+ car seat and is suitable from birth to 13 kg. If the baby's head protrudes past the shell, it is necessary to move to the next stage car seat that offers adequate protection. Car seats are categorised into groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child's weight falls within the range indicated. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on the cars you intend fitting the seat to.
Installation with Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix
The CabrioFix can be installed in combination with Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Base (sold separately). This base accommodates children from birth to 18 kg (approx. 4 years) and is also compatible with Maxi-Cosi Pearl Group 1 car seat. It features IsoFix attachment points and anchored to the body of the car providing easy and secure installation. For parents peace of mind, light and sound confirmations reassure correct installation. Because of its click-and-go system, it is easy to fit your Maxi-Cosi Pebble, CabrioFix and/or Pearl car seat on the base and you will be ready to go in seconds.
Installation with Three-Point Seat Belt
This Group 0+ car seat is installed rearward-facing using three-point car seat belt. Clear and intuitive seat belt routing ensure easy and secure installation. Correct fitting of car seats is crucial to make them effective in the event of an accident. Always read the instruction manual, which comes with your car seat to ensure correct fitting.
Transform your pushchair into a travel system. Just use the adapters that are supplied with the pushchair and clip on your CabrioFix car seat to your Maxi-Cosi or Quinny pushchair frame. Thus, you can easily move your little one between pushchair and car without disturbing them. The CabrioFix is available in a wide range of colours to match your Maxi-Cosi pushchair.
Ease of Use
Your child will be safe and secure in this car seat as it features a three-point safety harness with practical belt hooks, which keeps the harness out of the way when placing your little one in their seat. A one-pull harness adjustment ensures its correct tension. As your baby grows the harness and headhugger can be altered to ensure that it is always positioned correctly.
Comfort for your Child
This car seat has been designed with your little one's comfort in mind and comes complete with a headhugger, newborn seat reducer, chest and buckle pad plus an integrated sun canopy. The easy-access integral sun canopy can be found integrated within the seat by the headrest. It also features an extra comfortable ergonomic carrying handle to make it easier for you to lift and move.
Who are Maxi-Cosi
Maxi-Cosi have thought of everything, car seats, strollers, plus all the accessories you'll ever need - Maxi-Cosi are baby care experts and you can be sure that all their products are safe and practical.
Maxi-Cosi understands the thrill of having a new baby in the family and the excitement of spending time together, discovering the world as you both grow, both as a parent and as a curious, wide-eyed baby.
Dorel Customer Care: 01284 413 141
|Maxi-Cosi Pebble||Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix||Maxi-Cosi Opal||Maxi-Cosi MiloFix|
|Suitability||Birth to 13 kg (approx. 12 months)||Birth to 13 kg (approx. 12 months)||Birth to 18 kg (approx. 4 years)||Birth to 18 kg (approx. 4 years)|
|Installation||Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix, EasyBase 2 and/or 3-point seat belt||Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix, EasyFix, EasyBase 2 and/or 3-point seat belt||3-point seat belt||IsoFix installation with top tether|
|Travel system compatible||✓||✓|
|Recline positions||1 (if used with Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Base)||1 (if used with Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Base)||5 (in forward facing mode)||1 (in forward facing mode)|
|Rearward facing up to approx. 15/18 months||✓||✓|
|Side Protection System||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Weight of car seat (kg)||4.2||3.6||11.2||11.5|
|Standard||ECE R44/04||ECE R44/04||ECE R44/04||ECE R44/04|
|Additional accessories (sold separately)||Raincover, Mosquito net, Footmuff, Summer Cover, Replacement Cover||Raincover, Mosquito net, Footmuff, Summer Cover, Replacement Cover||Sun Canopy, Pocket, Replacement Cover||Sun Canopy, Pocket, Summer Cover, Replacement Cover|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix and Pebble are practically interchangeable and it is not clear which model you should buy. Maxi-Cosi's website doesn't really help. Anyway from my research here is what you need to know:
1) The Cabriofix is an older design and the Pebble only came out a couple of years ago
2) The Cabriofix is lighter
3) The Cabriofix has a higher safety rating but it is only marginal
4) The Pebble has a more cosy more enclosed shape
5) The Pebble's harness is easily to undo as it has spring loaded
6) Both have wedges to support new-borns
7) Both fit the Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Car Seat Base
8) Both have an integrated cover
9) Any pushchair which are compatible with the Cabriofix will also be compatible with the Pebble
So there is not much difference between the two and the main reason I went for the Cabriofix is because it is the lighter of the two.
Other things to note:
- This is delivered in Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging. What does this mean? Well it means the manufacturer (Maxi-Cosi in this case) has packaged the seat in the factory within an Amazon box. That way you don't have the usual glossy box but then you are saving the Earth by reducing packaging.
- The price varies by colour. For example, check out the Intense Red design
- You don't have to buy the FamilyFix but it does make life so much easier
- The instruction manual is not very detailed. It is hidden away in the secret storage compartment at the back of the seat
- There is a hidden sun cover tucked away in the rim of the seat
Coupled with the Easyfix base for Isofix mountings, this lightweight car seat is a real pleasure to use.
Not only did it score extremely highly from the Which? testings, it has some neat features that make day to day use trouble free.
- Very lightweight, which you appreciate all the more when the baby gets to nearly a year old.
- Simple to install. One click to put the seat in place and have secured is a boon when you can be constantly putting it in and out of the car all day.
- A sun canopy which is good for both the car (even with tinted windows), or when you have the baby asleep in the seat outside the car.
- Being able to quickly clean the cover in the washing machine is extremely helpful - some other makes only allow spot cleaning, which isn't ideal.
I can't really think of a negative point for this seat, and would have no hesitation in strongly recommending to anyone wanting an early stage baby carrier.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No complaints at all after 6 months. Still looking good and easy to use in the car and with our compatible pram.Published 21 months ago by Hmac
We bought this and was happy for a while but our lo outgrew it quickly and we had to move to another seat. We got a recaro and the build quality is so much better in comparison. Read morePublished 22 months ago by yankydoodledandy
Nice car seat. Pretty heavy. Not good when you already have a heavy child.Published on 11 Feb. 2015 by Hayley Warden
easy to use with the car seat belt alone. secures my lil one wellPublished on 6 Jan. 2015 by Amazon Customer
Easy to fit highly recommended car seat. As a note instructions are hidden in a secret compartment at the back of the carrier. Had to go on you tube to find this!!!!Published on 27 Dec. 2014 by Paul
Very very good baby car seat. Bought it for the good name and as well as my sister had one.
Colours are nice and available in many variations. Read more