- Also check our best rated Child Car Seat reviews
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Group 0+ Infant Carrier Car Seat (Total Black)
Claim your free MAM bottle
|Price:||£128.81 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£1.19 (1%)|
- Group 0+ car seat, from birth to around 12 months or 13 kg
- Installed using 3-point seat belt or Maxi-Cosi car seat bases--EasyFix, EasyBase 2, and FamilyFix
- Side Protection System offers optimal protection against side impact
- Fits all Maxi-Cosi and Quinny pushchairs to form travel system
- Includes integrated headhugger, support pillow and sun canopy
- This product is covered by R44/04 approval label which is running in parallel to i-Size
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix--The convenient, go-anywhere infant car seat
The smooth, sleek design of the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix offers you and your baby an exceptional sense of comfort, ease of use and safety. Every Maxi-Cosi car seat model--defined in the latest UN safety standard ECE R44.04--is specially designed for each age, as your child grows from birth to the age of 12. The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is a rear-facing Group 0+ infant carrier seat, suitable from 0 to 13 kg or birth to around 12 months.
As of September 2006, the use of safety belts in cars and approved child safety devices is mandatory for all children under 12 years old or less than 1.35 metres/4'5" in height for transport by car in the front and back seat.
- It is always the weight not the age of a child that dictates the choice of car seat.
- A baby should be transported rear-facing for as long as possible as this position offers more support to the head and backbone.
- Do not buy or accept a second-hand car seat--you can never be certain of its full history and it may not provide adequate protection in an accident.
Why Choose the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix?
- Basic Features: The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is a lightweight rear-facing infant carrier seat weighing only 3.25 kg.
Right Protection: The CabrioFix's Side Protection System offers optimal protection against side impact.
Correct Seat Belt Installation: Anti-misuse belt routing prevents incorrect fitting of the CabrioFix with a car seat belt.
Carrying Handle: The CabrioFix's carrying handle allows you to adjust the seat to various positions--sitting/feeding, sleeping/rocking or carrying/car use. This convenient feature also allows you to easily take baby in and out of the car, without removal from the seat.
Harness: The car seat's innovative stay-open harness lets you place and secure your baby in the car seat within seconds. Convenient hooks keep the harness of the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix out of the way to make it easier to place your child in the car seat.
Removable Seat Insert: The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix has a removable seat insert to create a flatter lying position for newborn babies and support the head in a sideways direction. When the baby is around 4 to 5 months, remove the filling block to make the seat deeper, then you can still use the head support.
Support Pillow and Headhugger : The CabrioFix includes a support pillow and headhugger for younger babies.
Sun Canopy: The easy-access integral sun canopy is easy to store.
Travel System: The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix forms a practical travel system when used with any Maxi-Cosi or Quinny pushchair. Place the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix rear-facing onto the pushchair chassis. 'Click' the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix onto the adapters of the unfolded frame.
Car Seat Cover: The car seat cover is washable at 30C. It is advisable to buy an extra cover when purchasing the CabrioFix, so that you can continue using it even when the cover is being washed or dried.
Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix: If using the Maxi-Cosi with the Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix car seat base, you enjoy long-lasting value and convenience as only 1 base is needed for 2 consecutive age car seats--Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix or Maxi-Cosi Pebble (baby/0 to 13 kg) and Maxi-Cosi Pearl (toddler/9 to 18 kg). The CabrioFix offers a unique adjustable upward position for older babies when used with the FamilyFix.
Colour Range: The CabrioFix is available in a range of exciting colours that match Maxi-Cosi and Quinny pushchairs.
Accessories: Accessories available (all sold separately) for the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix include footmuffs, summer car seat covers, travel buddies, raincover and mosquito net.
Installing the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix
There are 3 options for installing the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix in the car.
- With the Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Base or Maxi-Cosi EasyFix Base; the base attaches to the IsoFix* anchor points. Light and sound indicators confirm correct installation of Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix on Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Base.
- Second, it is also compatible with the Maxi-Cosi EasyBase 2 (sold separately) car seat base, which is attached using the vehicle's regular 3-point seat belt.
- The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix can also be secured without a base using the vehicle's regular 3-point seat belt. The CabrioFix may only be installed in a rear-facing position and the carrying handle must be in an upright position. Anti-misuse belt routing prevents incorrect fitting with vehicle seat belt. *IsoFix is an international standardised system to install child car seats and is fitted in most new cars. The system consists of two anchor points located between the backrest and seat of the rear or front passenger seat that are connected to the body of the car.
- Group 0+/1: Maxi-Cosi Opal (suitable from 0 to 18 kg or birth to around 3.5 years)
- Group 1: Maxi-Cosi Pearl (FamilyFix), Maxi-Cosi Axiss, Maxi-Cosi Tobi, Maxi-Cosi PrioriFix, Maxi-Cosi Priori SPS and Maxi-Cosi Priori XP
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix and Your Baby--Safety Guidelines
- Installation in a Car: The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix may only be installed in a rear-facing position (back to front) in the car. Make sure the fold-down rear seat is locked into position. It is very important a child does not go forward facing too early as in a 30 mph impact forces are increased by 25 times. A child forward facing too early, in an accident, can suffer crushed windpipe, separated spinal cord, or sudden death. When installing the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix on the passenger seat, position the car seat in the rearmost position. The backrest must be in a fully upright position and the headrest down.
Airbags: Never use the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix on a seat equipped with a front airbag, as this can result in death or injury of the baby--this does not apply to 'side' airbags.
Seat Belt: The car safety belt must be threaded along all blue markings--for proper installation instructions, see the illustrations in the PDF manual and/or the sticker on the side of the Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix.
Use of Harness: Always secure your baby with the harness belt, even when he/she is not in the car--the harness must be about ½ inch below shoulder level for rear-facing car seats. Ensure you clearly hear an audible 'click' when securing the harness. Make sure you can fit no more than one finger (1cm) between the harness belts and your baby. Ensure the shoulder belts are never twisted or damaged and are straight from the shell and across your baby's shoulders.
Sun Exposure: Always cover the car seat when exposed to direct sunlight in the car to avoid the cover, metal and plastic parts from becoming too hot for your child’s skin.
Next Stage Car Seats
The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is suitable for babies up to approximately 1 year of age. If the baby’s head protrudes past the shell, it is necessary to move to the next stage car seat that offers adequate protection. Recommended next-stage car seats include...
Why Choose Maxi-Cosi?
Designed around you and your baby, combining stunning stylish design with optimum child safety, Maxi-Cosi is Europe's most popular brand of children's car seats. It's this combination, which gives Maxi-Cosi top results in UK and European consumer tests. Maxi-Cosi offers travel solutions designed around the parent and their baby. This makes being together enjoyable when on the go.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was really useful to be able to purchase adapters for this to fit our Mamas and Papas pram frame, meaning if we were only poping in somewhere and baby was asleep, we could put her on the pushchair without risking waking her up. Some supermarkets also have trolleys that these seats can sit on. Ideal if they have none of the baby seat ones left (or they are so dirty you don't want to use them!). Although, if you are short like me you won't be able to see where you are going when using them!
The canapy is also useful for keeping the sun out in the day and the street / road lights from waking baby at night. The straps are easy to adjust and it is really easy to install in the car with the seatbelt.
Overall I am pleased with the seat and glad we bought it. The only downside is that the seat has only lasted my daughter until she is nine months old, as her head is approaching the top of the seat. She is only 9kg too, just long.