on 5 July 2017
I honestly cannot recommend this car seat enough. It seemed a bit of a minefield trying to decide on the next size car seat but I'm really happy I took the plunge with this one (although I did play with this model in a shop first just to be sure I liked it).

It was easy to install and is extremely sturdy, even with it not being fixed by Isofix. The swivel feature is fantastic as it really does make seating a wriggly tot much kinder to the back. You can turn it both to the left and right so you can install it on either side of your car. The harness is really sturdy and seems to be comfortable as well as safe. There are a few reclining positions which can be adjusted whilst your child is in the seat but it's much, much easier to do when the seat is vacant. Lastly, it's straightforward to remove the cover to wash it.

All in all, it's a brilliant seat. I hope that I never have to test it to its limit in case of an accident, but I'm confident that it would hold up extremely well. I feel safe having my daughter travel in this seat and that's all I can ask for.
on 19 December 2017
Makes life so much easier when putting a child in the car. As grandparents we bought this so we didn't have to lift and stretch over when placing the 9mth old into a seat, and for that need, it is superb. The slight downsides are that it is very heavy. No doubt they will say it has to be to meet safety standards, but it just looks over-engineered. Also, the back part of the seat is completely flat; if it had been curved at the edges it would have taken up less car seat room by fitting better into the shoulder of the seat. This is not unusual for car seats but it does mean that with two car seats fitted, there is virtually no room for a middle seat passenger.
on 3 March 2018
I bought this for my daughter at about 10 months old. It's simple to install and fits great in my car (crv). There are quite a few reviews here that say it rattles around but I'd say either they haven't installed it properly or it's not compatible with their car. It swivels round to face you so you can get the babe in and out of the car easily - it sure makes it easier when they're squirming because they don't want to go in the car. It also reclines in eight different settings, although there is very little difference between each setting, and I feel like it could perhaps recline slightly more for when the baby is sleeping. I do feel for the younger age of the age range for this seat they should include an adjustable head support as if she'd fall asleep in the car her head would flop forward. Now she's 13 months she's big enough that this doesn't happen. Overall, I'm very happy with this seat.
on 21 January 2018
Bought this non ISO-fix seat for my older car as my partner has the ISO-fix version so I thought they’d be similar in operation, Wrong! The only similarity this has is the fact it swivels, a handy feature particularly if you suffer as I do with back ache. The real disappointment with this seat comes when you try to strap your little one in, the belts catch on the rear of the seat so the only way I can tighten the straps is to pull the straps right as I can with my left hand whilst at the same time feeding it through and freeing it off with my right hand, this is solely because there’s too much seatbelt rebate where each strap joins, consequently, this excess rebate material catches on the back of the seat when you’re tightening the straps unless you reach around and free it off at the same time as pulling the strap tight, not always easy to do when an angry irritable toddler is trying to climb out of the seat.
Had Maxi-Cosi sewed the rebate to the end or even simply turned it over, this frustrating problem wouldn’t exist.
Also, I’m physically unable to pull the straps tight enough to be safe which is extremely disconcerting and makes me reluctant to actually use the seat for its intended purpose.
Overall, the whole seat is nowhere near as good, quick or as easy to use as it’s ISO-fix variant, even the buckle isn’t the same, these aforementioned issues generally make the whole procedure an unnecessary faff.
on 21 December 2017
This car seat has been worth its weight in gold. Allows you to put child in car with the seat facing you, instead of it facing to the side, which isn't conductive to placing a child in the seat.

One negative is that it's fairly bulky due to the big base, so may need the front seat moving forward in order to allow little legs to stretch out properly, but that may depend on your car.

The other negative is that it's not ISOFIX, so may take 5-10 mins to fix into the car.
on 27 March 2018
I seriously like this but as Grandma it does take some practice,
Learning you have to pull the seat belt till it locks before threading it through the back fixing took dome practice, it is OK now,
I didn't find out about the shoulder strap release until later its in the little lump just in front of the crotch strap, press your thumb in and pull on the straps on the shoulders below the rubber shoulder pads!! Yes I tried everything before realising it was me not the seat! Do this before taking them out so the straps and floppy for putting them back in otherwise it is a real pain!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 April 2017
Nice seat, excellent build quality.
The rotating feature is really useful, though it rotates to one side only - either right or left, depending how you configure it.
A lot of features for a simple car seat - it took me two rounds of manual reading to completely figure out how all the fixtures and adjustments work. :)
on 6 December 2017
Lovely seat I shopped around found this one better than other due to ease of adjusting seat positions and swivel function very well made & light in comparison to others baby is 11 months and sits snug.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 10 September 2015
This seat fabulous the ease I can get my daughter in and out of the car is wonderful . My daughter is 9 months, the reason I have given it a 4* is because the shoulder straps are so stiff and thick, the pads on the strap is also fixed. I think it would be a much better idea, if Maxi-cosi provide a range of shoulder pads which you could fit yourself in accordance with the age of the child. I would recommend you have the seat professionally fitted. I had mine fitted a Halfords at a cost of £10. One other point, this is a large seat we have an Astra hatchback when my daughter is in the seat and it is in a lay back position there is very little room between the passenger seat and her little feet.
on 24 March 2014
Bought this about a year ago, my little boy is coming two now, its a great seat. He's getting heavy now, but this seat makes it so easy to get him in and out of the car. We also bought another forward facing maxi cosi as a second seat for my husbands car, but I am so glad this is the seat that is in my car! Makes life easier, its fine when they are little bundles who don't move much and don't object to being put somewhere when they can run around! When they get bigger (and they do all too quick!) this leaves getting those arms in the straps...anything to make life easier if you can!