Customer reviews

Colour: Black (Waterproof)|Change

on 20 September 2017
My favourite mascara EVER!! I've bought countless mascaras in the past - some expensive brands even like Clinique Estée Lauder, benefit etc etc I use fake eyelashes and have had eyelash extensions and none come close to this product. The reason why? They have perfected the wand to really fan out your lashes and if you want to use 2/3 times like I do, your lashes are long and not 'spider like' like some other brands are. The end result leaves you looking like you have falsies on! And I only need a tiny part of a face wipe to take it off!
on 8 March 2017
I didn't read the info properly I thought this was a brilliant price considering i pay £10 in boots for it but again it is unsealed and I don't trust that so I won't be making anymore purchases
on 6 July 2017
I have tried countless drugstore mascaras and more expensive brands like Dior and Benefit, but nothing beats the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara. I keep coming back to it time after time. Does not irritate my eyes, relatively easy to wash off at the end of the day, does not smudge, and does a fantastic job of separating and lengthening my lashes (mascara that makes my eye lashes look like spider legs are a big no-no!)
on 7 April 2017
I like this brand of mascara, its convenient to purchase this online when you don't have the time to go into town. However I must note that the last few times I have purchased this item the packaging has been rather large. Despite that it has been a genuine and quality product.
on 30 December 2015
By FAR my favourite mascara! I have tried God knows how many mascaras over the years, from cheap ones to high end ones. I got a couple of free ones with giveaways over Christmas from Revlon and No7 and neither of them are a patch on this for me personally! So many seem too wet, so when you apply more layers they clump or crumble, others have brushes that just don't seem to do what my lashes need them to. But this just works so well for me, the brush gives great cover and I can reapply without my lashes clumping!
on 11 December 2016
I have been using this mascara for years and I have never been dissatisfied with it, you need to make sure that you have waterproof makeup remover otherwise this will be incredibly hard to get rid of. I have never found this mascara to be clumpy or dry and it stays on your lashes all day, the only time I find that it comes off is when my eyes are wet and Ive rubbed them, then tiny dry flecks of it may go down your cheek slightly, but that's more from the rubbing than the water.

When I buy it, it usually lasts me a long time and looks great with eyeliner pen, it can give a really bold look to your eyes! The brush that you use to spread the mascara leaves your eyelashes looking unclumpy, long and thick.
review image
on 5 August 2017
Terrible mascara hardly any gets on to the brush it seems like the tubes empty.It takes ages to make up your eyes ( spider lashes ) . I'm not impressed with this at all.plus when you do manage to get some on the brush it comes out in big clumps, it's terrible.I can't believe that this is a Max Factor product.
on 7 May 2016
I recently started wearing mascara. This works wonderfully. It thickens and lengthens the appearance of my lashes without getting clumpy. It doesn't tend to smear or run easily but washes off with micellar water at the end of the day. The black-brown colour works with my complexion really well. Very black mascara tends to look a bit over the top with my lighter coloured lashes and eye brows.
on 10 April 2016
I have previously tried as many mascaras from various high class brands, but never expected that a cheaper product can beat every other mascara I own.
It makes your eyelashes standout, and since using it, I have been told many complements about my eyes, although I never wear an eyeliner or eyeshadow. Plain mascara, specifically this one from Max Factor, will make your eyes appear large and gives you a unique look.
on 8 March 2016
Arrived on time, perfect condition - although some people are unsure if theirs was genuine, I am sure mine was. I usually buy this from boots or superdrug etc for around £11, and I bought this for my mum as it was on sale cheap with my prime account, when it arrived I compared it with my mascara and they are exactly the same and it works fine! Maybe those people have chosen one of the other options of buying rather than getting it from the link that says max factor, I dont know but Im sure mine was real.