- Actors: Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, James Garner, Graham Greene, Alfred Molina
- Directors: Richard Donner
- Writers: Roy Huggins, William Goldman
- Producers: Richard Donner, Alexander B. Collett, Bruce Davey, Jim Van Wyck
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, Turkish, Hungarian, Polish, Icelandic, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Greek
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- DVD Release Date: 11 May 1998
- Run Time: 122 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (87 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00004CWNM
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,588 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Maverick [DVD] 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Western based on the successful TV series and starring Mel Gibson as the eponymous gambling hero. The film follows Bret Maverick as he struggles to raise the $25,000 entrance stake for a poker game by ripping off as many people as he can in the American Old West. During his quest to reach the game he narrowly escapes being lynched, shot by safari hunters and Indians and robbed several times by the beautiful adventuress Annabelle Bransford (Jodie Foster). Can he make it to the final and win the $500,000 grand prize?
The joined-at-the-hip team of director Richard Donner and star Mel Gibson (all the Lethal Weapon movies and Conspiracy Theory) had obvious fun resurrecting the Wild Western comedy television series about a roguish rambler-gambler. In Maverick, Gibson assumes the role of cardsharp Bret Maverick, equally quick with a pair of aces and a pair of guns. Good sport James Garner (who played Maverick on TV) takes another role, as a lawman who travels alongside the hero to a big-money poker game on a riverboat. The real peach in this fruit salad of satire and broad jokes, however, is Jodie Foster, who plays a crafty Southern belle quite adept at poker herself. Sexy, funny, and (from the onscreen evidence) a great kisser, Foster has never been more of a delight. Written by William Goldman (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid). --Tom Keogh
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Answer...Maverick. If you're miserable, watch it, if you're not...still watch it. Wonderful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hilarious film with a little twist; watched it so many times just had to buy it on DVD for those gloomy Sunday afternoons or times of ill health when confined to the sofa!Published 4 months ago by lyssa
Very good with lots of fun moments and great chemistry between the actors.
The "behind the scenes" in the extras material gives some new insights into how the movie... Read more
What I remembered as a rip-roaring, guns a blazing comic western turns out to be a mumbling, inaudible conversation around the grand canyon. Read morePublished 10 months ago by kilroyandy`
Maverick is the 1994 film starring Mel Gibson and the original TV Maverick, James Garner. The original DVD contains just the film with no extras. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Malarchy