- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Mature Student's Study Guide: 2nd edition: Essential Skills for Those Returning to Education or Distance Learning Paperback – 1 Jan 1900
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
`Studying as an adult is very different to your school
experience. This book will give you the skills and confidence you need
when returning to education as a mature student.'
You have decided to return to education, and now you may be worried that
your study skills are not up to scratch. This inspiring and practical book
has been written especially for you - whether you are considering a
full-time course, part-time studies, evening classes or distance learning
such as an Open University degree. It covers everything you need to know
to succeed in your chosen course, including how to:
* Discover your learning style
* Improve your reading seed and memory
* Take notes and get organised
* Improve your writing and mathematical skills
* Master research techniques
* Develop analytical skills
* Gain marks in exams
About the Author
Catherine Dawson has been a researcher specialising in educational research and a tutor working with adult learners for over fifteen years. She is passionate about enabling and supporting adults to get back into education, which is why she has written Returning to Learning and Practical Research Methods. Location: based in Weymouth, Dorset.