- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Ebury Press (6 Dec. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0091941369
- ISBN-13: 978-0091941369
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (26 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 484,264 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Matron in Charge Paperback – 6 Dec 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Perceptive, warm and very funny" (Sunday Telegraph)
"Highly amusing and entertaining" (Derby Evening Telegraph)
The fifth and final nostalgic nurse memoir by the author of Sunday Times bestselling books A Nurse in Time and A Nurse in Action – a must-read for fans of the BBC's Call the MidwifeSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
you would think it was to do with hospital life
Once you start to read, it's a job to put this book down.
There is humour and a serious side.
Evelyn writes so well you immerse yourself in the lives of all she cared for.
I have now read all her books and feel sad there is no more coming out.
Book will stir
Memories of training in
The 60s and 70s, with basic nursing skills
Being useful at the most
Unexpected time. A really good
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the last in her series of 5 books, really enjoyed it and very well written, I enjoyed reading all her booksPublished on 7 Aug. 2014 by J. Staniford
Very good book. Enjoyable from start to finish. Went on to buy further books in the series.Published on 22 July 2014 by JER