on 31 March 2014
My son needed some revision from school and these books were just the ticket. Bought the whole set and would recommend them to anyone who needs to consolidate their learning.
on 1 August 2011
My son has not put this down since he got it. He has just turned 7 and asked for a Math book for his birthday (Surprised me too). I bought him this one as it seemed well structured and indeed it is. It is not just a book full of sums, it is designed to promote learning, using patterns in numbers to help the young mind form some order from them. My son is really enjoying this, especially the timed challenges. A really worthwhile book.
on 9 December 2011
I have a maths wizz in my mists. Set my 8 yrs old off on this book but he likes maths anyway but struggles a bit with 7x and 8x timestables. He loved this espically liked doing the timed exercises because there was no pressure like at school and he just enjoyed seeing how fast he could complete an exercise but I was thrilled that he was averaging 58 out of 60 answers on this. Fab!!!
on 23 May 2013
Having read previous reviews, this was the reason I purchased these maths books as they were recommended by some teachers. They are excellent books for children to learn from.

Would I recommend...Yes 100%
on 23 June 2013
This product was good in helping two children learn their times table. Both having learning difficulties and the visual chart helped them to understand and remember more easily.
on 22 May 2013
This breaks down the times tables and gradually introduces new material as the book goes on, building on previous knowledge. There are plenty of exercises to consolidate learning and challenges with timed exercises which adds interest and helps to motivate. Little by little we worked through this book and my daughter feels far more confident now with this most essential area of mathematics
on 18 April 2012
Bought this book for my 8 year old son. It's absolutely brilliant, really gets it into their brains! Only criticism is that it only goes up to 10 not 12 times table- wonder why!
on 5 April 2013
As I am a class teacher in a primary school I found this books to be relatively useless. I can buy books with more worksheets in them and of higher quality for less money.
These are not as good as they are portrayed to be, by merely placing Carol Vorderman's face on them.
However, it is important to say that the home school use has some relevance, but as I stated above, there are more effective books to be bought with a wider range of activities that will you get your money's worth and an effective resource to support your child's learning. Please look elsewhere for useful books, not within the Carol Vorderman series (I have bought all within the 7-9 / 8-9 series).
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2011
Good book with lots of practice questions. Very usefull for ongoing practice and learning of the timestables. I have been photocopying some pages at home so my daughter can use them more than once.
on 26 January 2014
Was expecting tips and hints, for parents about teaching numeracy at home. i found it sadly lacking, all you get is a work book, full of sums, with a picture of Carol Vorderman on the front, great!