- Paperback: 1256 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (15 Aug. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521890675
- ISBN-13: 978-0521890670
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 5.6 x 24.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 200,465 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering: A Comprehensive Guide Paperback – 15 Aug 2002
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From reviews of the first edition: '… the book provides scientists who need to use the tool of mathematics for practical purposes with a single, comprehensive book. I recommend this book not only to students in physics and engineering sciences, but also to students in other fields of natural sciences.' P. Steward, Optik
From reviews of the first edition: '… suitable as a textbook for undergraduate use … this is a book that in view of its content and its modest softcover price, will find its way on to many bookshelves.' Nigel Steele, The Times Higher Education Supplement
'Riley et al. has clear, thorough and straightforward explanations of the subjects treated. It rigorously adopts a three-stage approach throughout the book: first a heuristic, intuitive introduction, then a formal treatment, and finally one or two examples. This consistent presentation, the layout, and the print quality make the book most attractive … clearness of presentation, comprehensiveness and value for money. It contains a thousand pages, there are plenty of exercises with each chapter, and … the layout and print quality are very good. J. M. Thijssen, European Journal of Physics
This is a valuable book with great potential use in present-day university physics courses. Furthermore, the book will be useful for graduate too, and researchers will find it useful for looking up material which they have forgotten since their undergraduate days.' J. M. Thijssen, European Journal of Physics
The new edition of this highly acclaimed textbook contains several major additions, including more than four hundred new exercises (with hints and answers). The authors have included a preliminary chapter covering areas such as polynomial equations, trigonometric identities, and coordinate geometry, as well as two separate chapters for statistics and probability.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It covers the entire first year course at my university, and probably bits of the second year as well. It truely is the Bible!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mathematical
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics